WORLD BANK GROUP (WBG) RECRUITMENT 2021
WORLD BANK GROUP (WBG) RECRUITMENT 2021
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for The World Bank Group (WBG) Recruitment 2021.
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
Established in 1944, the World Bank (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In the fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments, and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Job Title: Energy Specialist
Duties & Accountabilities
IAWE4 seeks a Energy Specialist based in Accra, Ghana to support the Africa Energy program’s strategic, advisory, and operational work. Specifically, it is expected that the selected candidate will be providing technical and engineering support to teams on project preparation and implementation, including policy and analytical work to be carried out as part of overall energy program, supporting donor coordination and liaising with local and international counterparts (including the private sector), as necessary.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include:
- Lead technical engineering work for Projects of the Ghana Energy Sector Portfolio especially with Electricity Company of Ghana’s distribution segments of revenue protection plan and key investments;
• Work as core team member on Ghana program for results for implementation support of Ghana’s Energy Sector Recovery Program;
• Be part of analytical work on technical issues of project implementation plans, interaction with the Ghana regulator PURC on key technical aspects of regulation based on experience in similar situations;
• Create partnerships with Ghana stakeholders as well as donors on design and implementation of energy sector interventions;
• Supporting the team leaders on Liberia energy program on dialogue with Liberia Electricity Corporation on technical design and review of projects on urban distribution and energy access including grid and off grid applications;
• Actively participate in overseeing World Bank-supported energy country program in Ghana with the aim to enhance quality and pro-poor focus and accelerate implementation;
• Develop and maintain close relationships with local public and private stakeholders, support policy dialogue and keep abreast of developments in the energy sector.
- Minimum education level is Master’s Degree as follows: a Bachelor degree in engineering with at least two years of experience on technical/ engineering aspects of the distribution sector (including off-grid applications) of power sector is essential and a Masters’ level degree in energy planning, finance, economics, business administration or equivalent area;
• At least 5 years of total relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to engage credibly on a range of issues in the energy sector in different regions;
• Prior experience of having worked in Ghana power sector based in Ghana for at least two years is essential requirement;
• Operational experience in recent technological advancements and business models;
• Operational experience in the following areas is highly desirable: energy policy and tariff regulation analysis and advisory, utility regulation, power market development and regional integration, off-grid electrification, gas-to-power Value Chain, project development and execution, utility commercialization and project finance;
• Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage many activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments;
• Problem solving and solution-driven approach backed by a passion for development challenges;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients, passion for development, ability to work different stakeholders and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with virtual teams located in different countries;
• Good written and oral communication skills in English;
• Ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms and to engage in evidence-based dialogue with clients;
Required Professional Competencies:
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Understands policy making process; distills operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
• Policy Dialogue Skills – Identifies and assesses policy issues and plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders.
• Integrative Skills – Working to develop an integrated view across all facets of current sector.
• Energy Sector Technologies – Direct experience with depth in at least one area: power generation, transmission and distribution, renewables, energy efficiency, etc.
• Energy Policy, Strategy and Institutions – Familiarity with energy policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations.
• Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Proactively addresses client’s stated and unstated needs.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
• Make Smart Decisions – Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward
WBG Core Competencies
- Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions with others.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across the WBG and brings differing ideas to the forefront.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across and outside WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions – Recommends and takes decisive action.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above-listed criteria should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 12th May 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
· FULLY FUNDED | | COMMONWEALTH DISTANCE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK 2021
· GHANA SCHOLARSHIPS SECRETARIAT POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP 2021/2022 TO STUDY IN UK
· NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2022-2023: SUBMIT APPLICATION!
· AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2021-2022 | FULLY FUNDED
· JOINT JAPAN WORLD BANK SCHOLARSHIPS 2022 | FULLY FUNDED
* 📍WORLD BANK GROUP (WBG) RECRUITMENT 2021 📍*
The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group. Our mandate is to promote cross-border investment in *DEVELOPING COUNTRIES* by providing guarantees (political risk insurance and credit enhancement) to investors and lenders.
*READ AND APPLY 👇🏽*
* 🥰SHARING IS CARING 🥰*
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.