Company: Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
1.1 About Vibrant Village Foundation
• The Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private Foundation headquartered in Portland, Oregon State in theU.S. Established in 2010, the Foundation provides direct assistance and grants to support Agriculture, Livelihoods, Health, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in marginalized and deprived communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. VVF has supported programs in over 22 countries since its inception. In Ghana, the Foundation has contributed significantly towards poverty reduction in the Fielmuo community in the Upper West region of Ghana. Fielmuo is located in the Sissala West district and about 150km drive north of Wa-the Upper West regional capital. VVF has facilitated the provision of safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), education, health and vocational skills training to over 14,237 people in 18 communities in the Sissala West and Lambussie districts.
• In 2018 VVF developed a 10-year strategy under the theme ‘Integrated Program for Poverty Reduction and Social Transformation’ (IMPREST). The goal of the program is to contribute to poverty reduction, improved wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations through the implementation of multi-sectorial programs namely, Education and Child Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Livelihood, Food Security and Empowerment of Women. We are searching to recruit an M&E Officer to strengthen our M&E unit to collect and generate relevant information on the impact of our interventions on the lives of beneficiary communities.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Fielmuo between Hamile and Gwollu
Reporting to: MEAL Coordinator
Relationships: Programme Coordinators and other Field Staff
2.1 Roles and responsibilities
• The post-holder shall workunder the guidance and supervision of the organization’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator, in implementingthe monitoring and evaluation activities of the Foundation. He/she shall report to the MEAL Coordinator and work in close collaboration with other Programme Coordinators and Field Officers. The specific roles and responsibilities of the post-holder are:
3.1 Support the Development and Maintenanceof Monitoring and Evaluation systems
• Provide support to implement the MEAL strategy in line with country needs and best practices.
• Liaise with programme staff to collect data on programme activities, outputs, outcomes and impact in accordance with the Performance Management Framework and data collection procedures.
• Support to train staff to effectively utilize the M&E tools and systems.
• Provide technical support to field officers on the use of programme progress tracking tools.
• Perform data entry, data analysis, and ensure regular monitoring of programme indicators.
• Undertake preliminary analysis of data on a monthly and quarterly basis to identify trends, whether targets are being met or not.
• Perform regular data quality checks and take necessary corrective action to ensure that data input into the database is accurate.
• Provide input into the development of annual work plans and budgets, including annual milestones.
• Prepare regular progress reports that will be incorporated into MEAL reports for the INPPREST Programme.
4.1 Assessment and project design
• Assist in the design of assessment tools and conduct field surveys as may be appropriate.
• Liaise with key partners for collection of secondary data as and when needed.
• Prepare records and notes on field level monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Conduct field level research on programme implementation in consultation with the MEAL Coordinator and submit reports and working papers based on the research results.
• Support in the preparation of spread sheets, tables, and graphs to highlight findings from the Foundation’s studies.
• Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports and share with relevant stakeholders.
5.1 Learning and accountability
• Collaborate with the programme team (ECLIP, WASH and LIFE) to maintain accurate records of distribution of deliverables to beneficiaries.
• Participate in field level stakeholder meetings and share experiences.
• Collaborate with programme officers to ensure effective selection of project beneficiaries consistent with the established selection criteria.
• Ensure efficient use of project resources.
• Support field officers to document key success and challenges of programme implementation
• Collaborate with field level programme officers to ensure that training materials meet required quality and standards
6.1 Leadership and coordination:
• Collaborate with Field officers to ensure transparent and accountable delivery of Programme activities to stakeholders.
• Participate in VVF Field level coordination meetings that relates to MEAL.
• Liaise with Field based Manager and Accounts and Administrative Assistant to ensure timely release of funds for project activities.
• Perform any other functions as may be assigned by management.
Qualification Required & Experience
7.1 Profile and experience of the post-holder
• Degree in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Agronomy, Development Studies, Social Sciences or relevant area or equivalent work experience. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
• At least 3-years’ experience working in similar position with a non-profit organization
• Proficiency in the use of computer in addition to use of Excel, SPSS and STATA for data analysis
• Proficiency in use mobile phone data collection software (ODK,KOBO Collect) for Survey data collection
• Ability to ride a motor bike for long distances in remote communities
• Strong data analysis, reporting and facilitation skills
• Strong research skills.
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
• Ability to Speak Sissali and/or Dagaare language will be an advantage
• Strong commitment to improving the well-being of families in rural communities
Location: Fielmuo between Hamile and Gwollu
How To Apply
In a single document, please submit your CV and cover letter including salary expectations to the recruiting team at:
Closing Date: 26 March, 2021
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
WhatsApp Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED