USA Work Visa Process 2023 | Types of US Work Visas
All international applicants from outside the US are encouraged to apply for a US work visa immediately. Make sure you are fully familiar with the US work visa process before applying. In this post, we will talk about the types of US work visas, their requirements, and how to apply for a work visa in the US as an international citizen. the applicant The US is one of the largest labor markets.
Try to move to USA because of high income, high salaries and great working environment. If you are traveling for work, you will need a US work visa. There are many companies in the US that sponsor candidates. The US Embassy is located in all countries, so you can easily apply for a work visa and submit documents to the embassy to process the work visa. In this blog, we explain the US work visa application process and types.
All you need to Know about USA Work Visa Process 2023
- Host country: United States
- Type of Opportunity: Work, Job
So, basically, there are two types of work permit people usually apply such as:
- Temporary employee
- Permanent/sponsored employee.
When you apply for a temporary work visa (depending on your Job offer) you will make a request for US non-immigrant work visa.
Whereas if you permanently settle in the United States then you will apply for an immigrant visa.
So, we will tell you how to get a work visa for USA as an international foreign applicant.
What is US Work Visa?
This is a Work Visa which will be stamped on your passport with the date, time, and length of your Visa to enter the country and start working there.
The US work visa is typically issued by the US Department of State and is granted to individuals who are sponsored by a US employer.
USA Work Visa Types 2023
To make it more clear, I have made a piece of detailed information on all types of USA Work Visa that are suitable according to your condition.
- This is the most common type of working visa in us and many foreign applicants have this Visa. For this Visa, you will need to have a qualification and a degree in higher education.
- The H-1B visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States that allows employers to temporarily hire foreign workers.
- Eligibility: Must have at least a bachelor’s Degree.
- Validity: The H-1B visa is valid for up to three years and a maximum of six years.
- If you have a Post-secondary education with at least four years of study in any specialization field, then you will require an H1B1 visa. This Visa is similar to the standard H-1B visa.
- Validity: valid for up to 18 months and can be extended for an additional 18 months, for a maximum of three years.
- This type of US work Visa allows its holder to visit the USA on a temporary basis and work in Non-agricultural fields, then you will require an H-2B visa.
- The H-2A visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States. The visa is intended to help address temporary labor shortages.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for an H-2A visa, the job must be seasonal or temporary and related to agricultural work.
- If you want to attend a training program other than medical or academic, then you are required to have an H-3 visa.
- The H-3 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States that is designed to allow foreign nationals to come to the U.S. for the purpose of receiving training in a specific field.
- Validity: The H-3 visa is generally granted for the duration of the training program, up to a maximum of two years.
- Candidates who want to work in the media or information sector, then you are required to have an I visa.
- The L-1 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States that is designed to allow multinational companies to transfer their employees from foreign offices to the U.S. office.
The P-1 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States that is designed to allow internationally recognized athletes, entertainers, and performers to come to the U.S. to perform or compete.
- If you want to work in an exchange program between your country and USA, then you will need a P-2 visa.
The P-3 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States that is designed to allow artists or entertainers, who perform in a culturally unique program, to come to the U.S. to perform, teach, or coach.
- The R-1 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa in the United States that is designed to allow religious workers to come to the U.S. to work for a qualified religious organization.
TN visa for Canadian and Mexican
- If you are an engineer, lawyer, or scientist and want to work in the USA, then you will need to apply for a TN visa.
- The TN visa is a nonimmigrant work visa available to Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in USA
- This type of work visa is for those who show extraordinary skills in the field of education, science, business, athletics or art, etc.
How to Get a Work Visa for USA?
To be eligible for the US work Visa an applicant must show the documents and proof of employment offer letter. Before applying, make sure to provide these things to the Embassy of USA:
Job offer: To apply for a work visa in the United States, you must first have a job offer from an employer in the country. For Jobs check (USA Visa Sponsorship Jobs in 2023)
USCIS: Once you have a job offer, your employer must file a petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf in order to be eligible for the work visa. After the approval of your permit, you will be able to apply for a US work visa.
DOL: Certain visa types, including all H visa types, require the employer to obtain labor certification approval from the Department of Labor (DOL), which the employer will do on your behalf.
Required Documents for US Work Visa
- A valid passport
- US visa photo
- The receipt number mentioned on your Non-immigrant worker form.
- A confirmation form (DS-160 Form)
- All the receipts prove you have submitted the application fee.
- Proof that you will return to your country after the expiration of your work visa.
Note: please contact your local US Embassy in your country for a more up-to-date list of documents required for US Work Visa.
Application Process for US Work Visa
To be eligible for the US Work Visa an applicant must follow and complete this process. Here are the steps to apply for a US work visa:
- Complete the online application form for a non-immigrant visa (DS-160) and print the confirmation page. The answers must be in English.
- Schedule your interview. If you are under 13 or over 80 years old, you may not need an interview.
- Attend the interview.
- Complete any additional procedures, such as providing digital fingerprints.
- You can apply for a Work Visa from the US Embassy website.
USA Work Visa Cost
You will need to submit the amount of $190 for the US work visa application form.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.