Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Sydney Australia Scholarships 2023/2024. The entire application details for the University Of Sydney Australia Scholarships can be accessed below.
University Of Sydney Australia Scholarships
Scholarships Opportunities 2023/2024 Applications are now open!
- University of Sydney Australia Enhanced Business School Research Scholarship 2023- 2024 is open for International Students. The scholarship allows Postgraduate level programme(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at the University of Sydney. The deadline for the scholarship is Open.
- Minimum $45,950 yearly scholarship to support students to study a Ph.D. or Master of Philosophy at the University of Sydney Business School.
- University of Sydney Australia Enhanced Business School Research Scholarship 2023- 2024 is available to undertake Postgraduate level programs at the University of Sydney.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- A stipend of $35,950 per year (indexed on 1st January) for 3.5 years for Ph.D. recipients (with a possibility to extend to four years, subject to approval), or up to 1.5 years for Master of Philosophy (MPhil) recipients.
- Academic tuition fees are also provided for international recipients, for 3.5 years for Ph.D. recipients (with a possibility to extend to four years, subject to approval), or up to 1.5 years for Master of Philosophy (MPhil) recipients
- In addition, recipients will have the opportunity to receive at least $10,000 per year for carrying out specific teaching duties. Details will be given at the time of the scholarship offer.
- The annual stipend allowance is equivalent to the difference between an externally funded scholarship and the Research Training Program (RTP) rate during scholarship tenure.
- Tenable for up to 3.5 years for Ph.D. recipients (with a possibility to extend to 4 years, subject to approval) and up to 1.5 years for MPhil recipients.
- Only available to students who have been awarded an external scholarship by the University and are completing a research degree at the University of Sydney Business School.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible.
- be a full-time student
- applying to study for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney Business School
- not have started your postgraduate research degree.
How to Apply
Apply for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Business) prior to the close date to be considered for the award the following semester.
This scholarship has been developed to support outstanding researchers undertaking postgraduate research with the University of Sydney Business School.
- The Enhanced Business School Research Scholarship (EBSRS) has been developed to support outstanding researchers undertaking postgraduate research at The University of Sydney Business School.
- Candidates who apply for admission for full-time studies in a postgraduate research degree within The University of Sydney Business School by the relevant advertised deadlines will be considered automatically.
- Candidates who have commenced their postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney are not eligible.
- It is a condition of accepting the EBSRS that awardees withdraw applications for Research Training Program (RTP) funding.
3. Selection Criteria
- The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of demonstrated academic achievement and research potential.
- The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of a selection committee consisting of the Associate Dean of Research Education, or their nominee, and at least two other academic staff from The University of Sydney Business School.
4. Value and Duration
- The Scholarship provides an annual stipend (living allowance) for 3.5 years. There is a possibility to extend the Scholarship to up to 4 years for Ph.D. candidates subject to funding availability and with the approval of the Associate Dean of Research Education, in accordance with relevant university policy. MPhil candidates will be awarded the scholarship for up to 1.75 years, by which point they will be required to upgrade to Ph.D. No extension is possible.
- The value of the stipend is indexed annually on 1 January to the value of the University of Sydney RTP scholarship.
- Academic tuition fees are also provided for international recipients. International Ph.D. recipients will have academic tuition fees covered for 14 research periods with a possibility to extend to up to 16 research periods subject to funding availability and with the approval of the Associate Dean of Research Education, in accordance with relevant university policy. International MPhil recipients will have their academic tuition fees covered for up to 7 research periods. No extension is possible.
- Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the Scholarship, will be deducted from the maximum duration of the Scholarship.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred without the prior approval of the Associate Dean of Research Education, or their nominee, or transferred to another area of research.
- No other amount is payable.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
5. Eligibility for Progression
- Progression is subject to passing the annual progress evaluation, maintaining satisfactory progress in coursework, and completing school research milestones.
6. Leave Arrangements
- The Scholarship recipient receives up to 20 working days of recreation leave each year of the Scholarship and this may be accrued. However, the student will forfeit any unused leave remaining when the Scholarship is terminated or completed. Recreation leave does not attract a leave loading and the supervisor’s agreement must be obtained before leave is taken.
- The Scholarship recipient may take up to 10 working days of sick leave each year of the Scholarship and this may be accrued over the tenure of the Scholarship. Students with family responsibilities, caring for sick children or relatives, or experiencing domestic violence, may convert up to five days of their annual sick leave entitlement to carers leave on presentation of medical certificate(s). Students taking sick leave must inform their supervisor as soon as practicable.
- Holders of the Scholarship may receive additional paid sick leave of up to a total of twelve weeks during their scholarship for medically substantiated periods of illness where the student has insufficient sick leave entitlements available under Clause 6b above. Students applying for additional paid sick leave must do so at the start of absence or as soon as practicable. Periods of additional paid sick leave are added to the duration of the Scholarship.
- Once holders of the Scholarship have completed twelve months of their award, they are entitled to a maximum of twelve weeks of paid maternity leave during the tenure of the Scholarship. Students applying for paid maternity leave should do so at least four weeks prior to the expected date of confinement. Periods of paid maternity leave are added to the duration of the Scholarship. Holders of the Scholarship who have not completed twelve months of their award may access unpaid maternity leave through the suspension provisions.
7. Research Overseas
- The Scholarship recipient may not normally conduct research overseas within the first six months of the award.
- The Scholarship holder may conduct up to 12 months of their research outside Australia. Approval must be sought from the student’s supervisor, Head of Department, and the Higher Degree by Research Administration Centre (HDRAC), and will only be granted if the research is essential for the completion of the degree. All periods of overseas research are cumulative and will be counted towards a student’s candidature. Students must remain enrolled full-time at the University and receive approval to count time away.
- The Scholarship recipient cannot suspend their award within their first six months of study unless a legislative provision applies.
- The Scholarship recipient may apply for up to 12 months of suspension for any reason during the tenure of their Scholarship. Periods of suspension are cumulative and failure to resume study after suspension will result in the award being terminated. Approval to suspend must be given by both HDRAC and the head of the department concerned. Periods of study towards the degree during the suspension of the Scholarship will be deducted from the maximum tenure of the Scholarship.
9. Changes in Enrolment
- The Scholarship recipient must notify HDRAC and their supervisor promptly of any planned changes to their enrolment including but not limited to: attendance pattern, suspension, leave of absence, withdrawal, course transfer, and candidature upgrade or downgrade. If the award holder does not provide notice of the changes identified above, the University may require repayment of any overpaid stipend.
10. Conversion Between Research Programs
- The Scholarship recipient may convert an MPhil to a Ph.D. provided the such change in candidature is approved by the HDRAC and the School. The maximum duration of the converted Scholarship will be the time remaining for their new candidature, providing it does not exceed 16 research periods.
a. Unless terminated according to provisions specified in earlier clauses, the Scholarship will terminate:
- upon submission of the thesis or at the end of the award;
- on resignation or withdrawal of the student from their HDR program;
- if the student ceases to be a full-time student and prior approval has not been obtained to hold the Scholarship on a part-time basis;
- upon the student having completed 16 research periods full-time study for a Ph.D., or 7 research periods full-time study for an MPhil;
- if the recipient receives an alternative stipend scholarship whose value exceeds 75% of EBSRS. EBSRS will be provided as an academic tuition fee scholarship only where relevant;
- does not resume study at the end of a period of approved leave, or;
- if the student ceases to meet the eligibility requirements specified for this Scholarship, (other than during a period in which the Scholarship has been suspended or during a period of approved leave);
b. The Scholarship may also be terminated by the University before this time if, in the opinion of the University:
- the course of study is not being carried out with competence and diligence or in accordance with the terms of this offer;
- the student fails to maintain satisfactory progress, or;
- the student has committed misconduct or other inappropriate conduct.
c. Stipend payments will be suspended throughout the duration of any inquiry/appeal process.
d. Once the Scholarship has been terminated, it will not be reinstated unless due to a University error.
- Where during the Scholarship a student engages in misconduct, or other inappropriate conduct (either during the Scholarship or in connection with the student’s application and eligibility for the Scholarship), which in the opinion of the University warrants recovery of funds paid to the student, the University may require the student to repay stipend amounts and any other payments made to the student in connection with the Scholarship. Examples of such conduct include and without limitation; academic dishonesty, research misconduct within the meaning of the Research Code of Conduct (for example, plagiarism in proposing, carrying out, or reporting the results of research, or failure to declare or manage a serious conflict of interests), breach of the Code of Conduct for Students and misrepresentation in the application materials or other documentation associated with the Scholarship.
- The University may require such repayment at any time during or after the Scholarship period. In addition, by accepting this Scholarship, the student consents to all aspects of any investigation into misconduct in connection with this Scholarship being disclosed by the University to the funding body and/or any relevant professional body.
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.