UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST (UCC) RECRUITMENT 2021/2022
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Cape Coast (UCC) Recruitment 2021/2022.
The University of Cape Coast (UCC) was established in October 1962, primarily to serve as a leader in teacher education in the country. It was elevated to the status of a full and independent University by an Act of Parliament in 1971 (Act 390) and subsequently the University of Cape Coast Law 1992 (PNDC Law 278). It is an equal opportunity University, uniquely placed to provide a quality education through the provision of comprehensive liberal and professional programs that challenge learners to be creative, innovative and morally responsible citizens. The University of Cape Coast currently has a total student population of 70,300 comprising 21,617 Regular students, 8,152 Sandwich students, and 40,531 Distance Learning students.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Scholarly Communication Unit
• Develop, analyse and implement policies relating to resources and services for the University Scholarly Communications Unit.
• Coordinate the management of the University Journals.
• Digital Archiving of the University Journals and other related Research outputs.
• Develop and manage Online Journal Management Systems for the University.
• Provide technical support such as requisition of ISBN, ISSN, DOI, Copyright. Licensing, Intellectual Property and Open Access Publishing.
• Promote and market UCC Journals and related research outputs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in Scholarly Communications including Editors of UCC Journals, Researchers, Librarians, Publishers and Policy makers etc.
• Provide consultation expertise and training for UCC staff on relevant topics related to scholarly publishing.
• Develop equitable access and sustainable publishing models for the University.
Qualified applicant will be directly responsible to the University Librarian, Sam Jonah Library but ultimately to the Vice-Chancellor.
• Must possess PhD in the following subject areas: Scholarly Communication, Scientific Publishing, Publishing, Information Technology or related field.
• Minimum of two years working experience in an Academic, Research or related institution.
• Knowledge of the Scholarly Communication Landscape, Research data management, Publishing, Copyright, Licensing, Open Access etc.
How to Apply for UCC Recruitment
Interested applicants who met the above-listed criteria should complete and submit application forms together with comprehensive Curricula Vitae, relevant supporting documents, and three-page Vision Statements to the address below. The application form is obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource and the University’s website (Application Form).
University of Cape Coast
Electronic copies of the application documents should be sent to the e-mail address:
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms (Senior Members Application Form – Non-Teaching) could also be downloaded from the University’s website: www.ucc.edu.gh/forms
Application Deadline: 30th October 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE