Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Unicef Recruitment 2021.
UNICEF, also United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Job Vacancy For National Consultant – Financing Consultant, Basic Sanitation Fund
Specific Tasks include
Accelerating BSF loan disbursement for financing household toilets
- Support Apex Bank and RCBs in improving fund disbursement and recovery rates.
• Work with Apex Bank, RCBs, and other partners in identifying digital solutions to improve the efficiency of BSF application, disbursement, and re-payment processes.
• Support Apex Bank in scoping and selecting suitable RCBs, FIs, CSOs, and WASH FNGOs.
• Strengthening Mutual Savings and Loans Associations (MSLAs) to enable accessing BSF (support formation of MSLAs where no such structure exists).
• Support establishment of BSF in new MMAs of Greater Accra and Greater Kumasi;
• Support Apex Bank, RCBs, CSOs, and MMAs in product design and marketing.
• Support better marketing of the toilets through clear specification and designs for different options
• Support sanitation SMEs in planning and management practices, including accessing loans and repayments.
• Support MMAs in organizing sanitation fairs to bring suppliers and buyers together.
• Support capacity development of artisan associations to develop into a strong group with increased coverage of communities with sanitation services and products.
• Support sanitation businesses to foster linkages with other stakeholders in the municipalities and metropolitan authorities.
Support MMAs and communities in better access to loans through BSF
- Provide capacity-building support to MMAs on BSF and its operations.
• Support MMAs in improving the awareness among households and SMEs about the BSF loan for a household toilet.
• Support partner CSOs to effectively mobilize the communities to access BSF.
• Support partner CSOs to mobilize and develop the MSLA groups into viable entities to access BSF loans and construct household latrines.
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Financing, Banking, Business Development, or any other related field linked to financing, micro-credit, and business management.
• Additional qualification in Management and Business Administration will be an asset.
• A minimum of three years progressive experience in development financing, banking, micro-credit, business development, and sanitation marketing.
• Experience of working with Mutual Savings and Loan Association (MSLA), micro-finance, credit, and loan institutions and rural banks in Ghana is desirable.
• Proven experience of supporting Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and knowledge of SPs, knowledge of lending mechanisms, would be a valuable asset
• Proven planning and organizational skills and a strong drive for results
• Ability to formulate strategies and concepts
• Innovative and analytical skills
• Effective coordination of skills, networking and influencing
• Good communication and report writing skills
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.