UNICEF Ghana Recruitment 2021
UNICEF Ghana Recruitment 2021
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Recruitment 2021.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children in countries that had been devastated by World War II. The Polish physician Ludwik Rajchman is widely regarded as the founder of UNICEF and served as its first chairman from 1946. On Rajchman’s suggestion, the American Maurice Pate was appointed its first executive director, serving from 1947 until his death in 1965. In 1950, UNICEF’s mandate was extended to address the long-term needs of children and women in developing countries everywhere. In 1953 it became a permanent part of the United Nations System, and the words “international” and “emergency” were dropped from the organization’s name, making it simply the United Nations Children’s Fund, retaining the original acronym, “UNICEF”.
Job Title: Supply & Logistics Officer
Activities Supervision of the supply team (incumbent performs as OIC in the absence of the Supply & Procurement Manager, P3)
- Preparation of the annual work plan for the Supply team; assist in determining priorities/targets and performance measurements and monitoring work progress to ensure that results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
Supply chain service delivery and emergency response
- In consultation with the supervisor, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advice on Supply requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Participate in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including the establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
- Monitor and review supply spend and draft procurement strategies based on category management to focus on strategic, essential supplies and services that contribute to results for children, and support the establishment of long term agreements (LTAs) where relevant. Maintain the highest level of integrity, ethical standards and accountability in the procurement of goods, contracting of services and construction work.
- Monitor progress of offshore and/or regional procurement and take action to ensure timely customs clearance of supplies entering the country. Maintain appropriate warehousing, inventory management and in-country transport in support of the country programme implementation. Keep stakeholders/partners informed on the progress. Implement appropriate vendor management practices e.g. supply performance reviews.
- Analyze supply dashboards, implementation rates of key performance indicators and supply information/data from various systems and conduct root cause analysis of supply chain bottlenecks and challenges, to drive improvements and ensure efficient and effective supply chains for children.
- Participate in the development of an emergency supply & logistics strategy based on risk assessment analysis and Programme assumptions. Ensure an emergency supply and logistics preparedness action plan for the CO is established in line with Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action (CCC), and implemented (establishment of relevant LTAs and frame agreements for emergency response, prepositioning of stock, and training of staff in the country office).
- Build strong working relations with Regional Chiefs of Supply/Regional Chief of Operations, as well as Supply Division, to align with global and regional approaches and initiatives in supply chain management.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022-2023: 80+ International Scholarships available!
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023; for Foreign Scholars and Artists
Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
- In collaboration with supervisor, develop close collaboration with programme sections through involvement in programme design, planning, and preparation for the implementation of supply components as well as monitoring and evaluation. Establish an accountability framework with programmes, for the delivery of results for children.
- Prepare supply documentation to facilitate input to donor dialogue, and support the development of supply components of proposals to donors including budgeting and use of innovative financing mechanisms for supplies, services and construction work.
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, the establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
- Participate in events/meetings that build partnerships and collaborative relations with Government, UN organizations and bilateral counterparts in supply and logistics activities including harmonized and collaborative procurement.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.