Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2021/2022
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2021/2022.
Are you looking for a more exciting and challenging career with opportunities for self-development? Then check out what makes Standard Chartered Bank the best place to work.
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England. It operates a network of more than 1,200 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates, and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Standard Chartered has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It had a market capitalization of approximately £24.4 billion as of 4 April 2017, the 28th-largest of any company with a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange. It has secondary listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Its largest shareholder is the Government of Singapore-owned Temasek Holdings.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Support the Chief Executive Officer on maintaining strategic alignment to Group and driving the overall business agenda in the country.
- Contribute to the management of the business as a member of the top management team.
- To provide the financial input for the formulation of the bank’s Strategic Plan.
- Initiate and co-ordinate the formulation of the annual operating plans and budgets and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends, and to opportunities to maximise income, reduce cost and minimise risk.
- Ensure that the financial statements and returns are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and other requirements, and in accordance with group standards, procedures and timetables.
- Provide support to the Business Unit/Segment heads in the formulation of marketing plans, budgets, business development, product development and the analysis of the operational business trends for the achievement of overall plans and objectives.
- Liaise with GFS Manager in development and running the Bank’s financial and management information systems, recommending agreed variations for local use where relevant and necessary for implementation by GFS.
- Ensure the effective management of the business’s capital and balance sheet structures including funding, liquidity, currency and market risks etc;
- Evaluate local projects in accordance with Group guidelines, including material business issues (e.g. pricing, the acquisition or disposal of investments and assets) and contribute fully to their implementation. Conduct health check and post implementation reviews.
- Ensure that the taxation affairs of the Bank are planned and managed so as to optimise the Group’s position.
- Maintain the highest professional financial management standards in the Bank.
- Analysis and sign-off any project approval requests.
- Improve the understanding of financial management issues by Business Unit/Segment Heads, Financial Managers and other Senior Managers within the Business.
- Monitor the operational and capital expenditure programmes to ensure adherence to budgeted limits.
- Strategically manage the properties of the Bank to ensure efficiency in utilisation.
- Lead, motivate, and develop staff in the Finance Division.
- Support the CEO in interpreting, communicating and meeting local regulatory requirements.
- Keep in touch with local, UK and international accounting developments through membership of professional bodies and contact with other members of the profession.
- Manage relationship with External Auditors including the negotiation of the scope of the audit, general liaison, the clearance of audit work and responding to and following up on management letters.
- Monitor and decide on SLAs with the hub; agree the recharge methodology.
- Contribute in the management of the banks assets and liabilities and the management of risk during management committee, ALCO , ERC, CFCC and Board meetings
- To ensure that Finance Staff comply with applicable Group Control Standards and Local Regulatory Standards.
- To provide strategic guidance to the property management and Sourcing functions
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in ensuring effective corporate governance standards are maintained throughout the organization..
- MAN HIRES THUGS TO SLAUGHTER NEIGHBOUR AND HER SON AT KASOA
- Boyfriend charged over death of pregnant 28-year-old
- Development of the business through involvement in strategic direction, planning and budgeting.
- The achievement of strategic plans and budgets, through monitoring and reporting on these to management and the Board.
- Decision making on the future direction of the business and day to day issues, which impact on this.
- Control of operating costs and capital expenditure within budget levels, bringing to the attention of management areas where savings could be achieved.
- Staff development within Finance Division through involvement in planned programmes.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Delivery of country budgets and strategic business plans.
- Accurate and timely delivery of Group and local reports
- Adherence to Standard Chartered Bank Group Policy on financial and risk management, efficient balance sheet and capital management of the Bank.
- Management of bank tax position and compliance with all taxation legislation.
- Management of bank insurance arrangements to ensure all aspects of risk is adequately covered.
- Efficient strategic sourcing and property management.
- Maintenance of satisfactory control environment with audit grading of ‘Acceptable’ or better.
People and Talent
- Lead, motivate, and develop staff in the Finance Department.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure those holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Local Executive Committee Members
- West Africa Cluster Team
- AME(Regional Management Team)
- Group Market Risk
- Group Corporate Tax & Treasury
- Central Bank
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Stock Exchange
- External Auditors
- Tax Authorities
- Outsourced Companies
- External Contractors
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA and or MBA etc
- Over 8 years experience in a senior financial management and administration position of a Bank or large commercial organization.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles, taxation, and banking and exchange control legislation.
- Broad understanding of banking practice.
- Superior knowledge and experience in utilization of Information Technology in modern business.
- Leadership and Influence
- Ability to grow and inspire people
- Ability to network within and outside the bank – particularly with regulators
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.