The Rhodes Scholarships 2022-2023 is offering a number of Scholarships for international students. Rhodes Scholarships 2022-2023 is currently accepting online applications at Oxford.
It is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. 100 Rhodes Scholarships are available per year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarships are fully funded postgraduate awards for young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. We offer Scholarships in over 22 designated Rhodes constituencies, as well as our Global Rhodes Scholarships.
Coverage of Rhodes Scholarships:
The Rhodes Scholarships are for two years in the first instance. The Rhodes Scholarships covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend with the following added benefits:
- For the 2022-2023 academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
- Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependents.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford. The Trust will cover the fee for a Tier 4 study visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling-in allowance (£225 in 2022-23). For those Scholars who transition to the second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
- A number of research grants are also available to Rhodes Scholars, on application, which enables Scholars too, for example, attend international conferences or conduct additional fieldwork.
Rhodes Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
Each Rhodes scholarship applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying with following eligibility standards in place:
- The Rhodes constituencies (and countries) are listed on the Rhodes Scholarships constituencies webpage. The eligibility criteria for each constituency Scholarship is held in the Information for Candidates document, which can be found by selecting the relevant constituency in the drop-down list of countries on the ‘How to apply webpage.
- You must have completed (or will have completed), an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.7 out of 4 or higher, or the equivalent academic level in your country.
- Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria for any constituency may be able to apply for inter-jurisdictional consideration or for one of the Global Rhodes Scholarships.
- The majority of applicants will be eligible to apply for a Rhodes Scholarships through one constituency only. A small number will meet the eligibility criteria for more than one constituency and, as they can only apply to one Rhodes Scholarships in a year, they will need to choose.
- Age limits vary between constituencies, ranging between 19 up to a maximum of 27 years.
List of Rhodes Scholarships Constituencies:
A constituency is a country, a group of countries, and/or territories, and/or states for the purposes of administering scholarships. Below is a list of Rhodes constituencies.
- AUSTRALIA(9 Scholarships)
- BERMUDA (1 Scholarship)
- CANADA (11 Scholarships)
- CHINA (4 Scholarships)
- EAST AFRICA (1 Scholarship) Covering Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi
- GERMANY (2 Scholarships)
- HONG KONG SAR (2 Scholarships)
- INDIA (5 Scholarships)
- ISRAEL (2 Scholarships)
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN (2 Scholarships)
Covering Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands
- KENYA (2 Scholarships)
- MALAYSIA (1 Scholarship)
- NEW ZEALAND (3 Scholarships)
- PAKISTAN (1 Scholarship)
- SAUDI ARABIA (Up to 2 Scholarships)
- SINGAPORE (1 Scholarship)
- SOUTHERN AFRICA (10 Scholarships)
Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND PALESTINE (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED STATES (32 Scholarships)
- WEST AFRICA (2 Scholarship)
Covering Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
- ZAMBIA (2 Scholarships)
- ZIMBABWE (2 Scholarships)
Documents Required for Rhodes Scholarships:
Rhodes Scholarships Applicant must submit the following set of documents:
- Submit a Motivation Letter to explain why you want to apply for the Rhodes Scholarships.
- A Statement of Purpose (SOP) must be written (300-500 words)
- Letter of Intent for Scholarships
- Two original Recommendation Letters by previous professors or institutes are required.
- Copies of all the educational documents/transcripts/certificates are required.
- Letter of intent (LOI) should be submitted.
- Copy of valid passport is required.
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates or published research paper.
- English Language Proficiency Certificate is required.
- Study plan for a scholarship.
- Resume for a scholarship.
Application Procedure for Rhodes Scholarships:
- Applications for the Rhodes Scholarships open from 1 June. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for an in-person interview. It is essential that candidates read the general information about the Scholarships and then proceed to their country-specific page for further detailed information.
- Applicants must download the online application form and fill in the required sections.
- Applicants must attach all the documents required in the application form.
- After submitting the application, the selected applicant will be called for an interview and a further selection process will take place.
Deadline for Rhodes Scholarships:
Rhodes Scholarships’ application closing date is in September 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.