If you’re dreaming of pursuing a master’s degree in a different country, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) 2024 could be your golden ticket. Let’s break down the key details in a straightforward manner.
1. What’s the Deal?
The QECS 2024 is a fully funded two-year master’s degree program. Translation: It covers all your expenses for the entire program, making education accessible.
2. When and Where?
- There are two cycles: Cycle 1 opens in November/December, and Cycle 2 opens in March/April.
- The deadline for applications is January 10, 2024.
3. What’s in it for You?
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance (a stipend)
- Return economy flights to the host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (if approved)
4. Where Can You Go?
These are the participating universities:
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka
- Eswatini: University of Eswatini
- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago: The University of the West Indies
- Kenya: Technical University of Kenya
- Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia, University of Malaya
- Pakistan: COMSATS University Islamabad
- Tanzania: State University of Zanzibar (SUZA)
- Uganda: Makerere University
5. How to Apply?
It’s a simple process:
- Check the list of countries and universities.
- Visit the university’s website for more info on your desired course.
- Complete and submit a QECS application for your chosen university or course.
6. Who Can Apply?
- Anyone from a Commonwealth country can apply.
- No age limit.
- You need a minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree.
- You must have already finished your undergraduate degree.
7. What’s the Catch?
- The scholarship is for two years of full-time study.
- You can only apply once but can reapply if you want to study in another country.
In a nutshell, the QECS 2024 is your chance for a fully funded master’s degree adventure. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn, explore, and grow.
- Can I apply for both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2?
- No, apply once, but you can reapply for a different country.
- Is there an age limit?
- No age limit. Everyone is welcome.
- What does the Research Support Grant cover?
- It helps with research if approved.
- Can final-year undergraduates apply?
- No, you must have finished your undergraduate degree.
- How will they tell me if I got the scholarship?
- You’ll be notified through official channels specified by the QECS program.