APPOINTMENT OF QUANTITY SURVEYOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An Applicant must be responsible for:
- Price the cost of different materials needed for various projects.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other related documents.
- Measure and value works done on site.
- Liaise with contractors and other professionals such as engineers, architects etc. to undertake works at site.
- Select and or source construction materials for University works.
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Director of Works and Estates Management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
An Applicant must hold:
- Have an MPhil or a research master’s degree in Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying or related field.
- Be a professional member of Ghana Institution of Surveyors or a recognised professional body.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience in a reputable practicing firm, industry, commerce and public service.
- Be computer literate and conversant with quantity surveying software.
- Show clear evidence of the ability to hold schedules without supervision.
- Have handled projects independently.
All positions or vacancies announced are full-time employments and thus will be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, 4th June 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE