Programme Associate at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
management, procurement operations management, administrative management and project monitoring. He/she will also assist Programme Officers in performing project management and operational duties. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in UNCDF Regional Offices and HQ offices to exchange information and ensure excellent and consistent service delivery. The Programme Associate is accountable to the Technical Specialists of UNCDF (Ghana).
Provision of support to programme management
- Support project creation in the ERP system, prepare budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determine of unutilized funds, support the operational and financial closure of projects
- Support the Programme management team to resolve questions related to budgets, payments, procurement, and resources.
- Analyze and present information for identification of areas for support and Programme implementation.
- Support in drafting Annual Work Plans and Budgets for projects within the Programme office.
- Support implementation of Mid Term and Final Project evaluation
Provision of project finance support
- Review of the Financial Reports and regular monitoring of financial performance
- Regular updates on the disbursement status to project management
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Development of Project Financial Report (quarterly and annually) by providing the information on the project progress, operational issues and disbursement
- Support audit of projects and ensure auditors have access to project documentation, personnel, and institutions involved in the project
- Prepare all payment requests, financial record-keeping and financial reports required in line with both the National Implementation and Direct Implementation of financial rules and procedures.
- Prepare regularly expenditure report to track progress of project
- Process certificates of payment submitted by consultants and prepare payment requests.
- Support in producing project financial reports in line with donor reporting templates.
- Manage travel arrangement, circulate travel related information and support team with Daily supplemental allowance (DSA) processes and travel claims
Provision of support to procurement
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP/UNCDF rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support the preparation of procurement plans for the office and update UNCDF Intranet accordingly
- Comply with the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Maintain contract management database for monitoring of contracts
- Maintain LTA management database and monitor ceiling of LTAs
- Support with the drafting of specifications and terms of references for procurement needs of the office
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for shipments (send and receipt)
- Liaise with FMS and UNDP CO to provide procurement support
Support and monitor the implementation of annual procurement plans
Provision of operation support to the office
- Manage logistics for project meetings, workshops and seminars
- Provide support for common premises and common services maintenance
- Act as custodian for management of office assets and inventory
Provision of administrative support to the office
- Act as a conduit for the necessary synergies between UNDP Ghana administrative units and UNCDF for better field office compliance and performance.
- Supports the management of Project Assets and inventory including keep record and maintenance of Office Assets and supplies and participation in periodic office physical inventory and asset verification exercises as needed
- Acts as liaison between vendors and the agency.
- Provision of logistical support to events, workshops, etc.
- Development and maintenance of the project filing system
- Facilitation of logistical arrangement for delivery and arrival of goods.
- Facilitation of VAT clearance process;
- Proper record and tracking of common services expenditure
- Perform other work-related tasks assigned by the supervisors
Closing Date : 18th December, 2022