Ghana Manganese Company Limited is seeking to recruit a Plant Production Superintendent
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Supervises Plant Operations teams.
Purpose The Superintendent provides leadership to the Plant Operations teams, as well as:
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of the crushing plants to meet or exceed safety, production, cost and targets.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, company policies and standards.
- Ensures targets set are communicated and monitored for performance. Re-aligns team as required to achieve targets.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties Safety and Environmental Compliance:
- Responsible for the monitoring and improvement of safety performance for employees and contractors working in the crushing plants.
- Responsible for ensuring the crushing plants remain in compliance with the MINCOM Regulations, Company Policies and Standards.
- Responds to emergency situations and unusual operating conditions to ensure the safety of personnel and limit potential negative impacts on production, environment and costs.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in all areas within the crushing plants.
- Promotes and monitors the utilization of the change management process to ensure the safe design and implementation of changes.
- Participates in the hiring process for both staff and contractors within the department to ensure that new hires have the skills, qualifications and competencies required of them to become a contributing member of the Plant team.
- Sets objectives and development plans for reports, coaches and periodically reviews performance.
- Ensure that employees are kept informed of safety, production, and cost performance statistics, to encourage growth and participation in potential improvements to each KPI.
- Participates in the Progressive Discipline Process and grievance procedures as required.
- Ensures compliance with the CBA.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Qualification Required & Experience
- A recognized University Diploma/Degree in Mineral Processing
- MINCOM Processing Superintendent Competency Certification.
- 12+ years of experience in mineral processing, of which a minimum of 8 years must be in a production environment. Crushing plants experience is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a superintendent role.
- Demonstrated high focus on safety and environmental protection.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Continuous improvement mindset, able to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Strong technical background and good working knowledge of jaw crushers procedures and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and strive in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to execute plans and hold self and others accountable for their performance and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above requirements, then do not hesitate to forward your CV together with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should kindly indicate the title of the role applied for in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 11 June, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE