PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 600 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast,Senegal and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
About the role
Are you excited about working for a scale up, social enterprise creating impact on local communities?
We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to help coordinate the development of our own enterprise resource planning (ERP) system among leading other technical cross-departmental projects.
- You have a strong sense of work ownership and understand how to foster and manage ownership in colleagues.
- You possess a high emotional intelligence, allowing you superior planning and organizational skills while maintaining the ability to think critically under pressure and manage stakeholders.
- You consider attention-to-detail a cornerstone of your attributes.
- You are an excellent communicator, speaking the language of product, engineering and analytical teams, as well as the business across finance, sales, operations, and customer experience. You have experience and comfort communicating with the entire range of company personnel, from data entry interns to C-suite.
- You are a fast learner and can synthesize information and draw conclusions from incomplete pictures of information.
- You have a good business understanding and can visualize the relevant analysis requirements.
- You feel comfortable in a fast, dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- You are a self-starter and also like to work closely with engineers, data analysts, product people, and business stakeholders alike.
- You have experience managing external technical contractors as well as grantors.
- You have a foundational understanding of relevant technologies and architectures, including basic database organisation and custom software development, to properly support these projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Minimum five years management experience in the Project Management in IT field, including development work and interactions with customers.
- Structured and solution-oriented working style to drive projects efficiently.
- Expertise in software deployment, upgrades, maintenance and, ideally, ERP/CRM development.
- Proficiency with ERP systems (preferably Odoo)
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, especially Excel and collaboration tools like Slack or Jira.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certifications are advantageous
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various business stakeholders, managers, and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Report to Data & Technology Director and collaborate with a team of product managers, software developers, data analysts, and engineers.
- Initiate potential new projects and guard progress of existing projects.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones, deliverables, risks, issues, etc.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Leading and overseeing big cross-departmental and country projects, managing stakeholders across 4 or more countries.
- Managing group projects and initiatives while working with developers, external vendors, and analysts.
PEG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply