PEG Africa Strategic Planning and Analysis Manager Job Opening (APRIL 2021)
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 600 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast,Senegal and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
About the role
This is a new cross cutting role ideal for an ambitious/proactive individual who craves ownership, desires exposure to all aspects of PEG’s business and wants to work for PEG’s senior management. Specifically you would work alongside the group strategic planning role to execute PEG’s immediate and long-term growth strategy. As you would be working across all markets the role location is very flexible, however, our preference would be for Abidjan. That said please feel free to suggest which of PEG’s markets you would prefer.
- KPIs. Ownerships of all KPIs & key metric development. Initiating and building new metrics. Ensuring that all metrics match senior management priorities and consistently measured.
- Performance evaluation. Ownership of performance evaluation at PEG. Spearhead initiatives to move depts. Across all markets to adopt consistent metrics. Identify and spread best practice. Benchmarking teams performance etc.
- Benchmarking x-markets & Ah-hoc analysis. Single out specific process/policies/costs etc. and benchmark performance across markets. X-market view on pricing. Are teams using consistent assumption, pricing appropatilte. Challenge & escalate disagreements to SLT. X-market view on Planning. Are teams order forecasting timely, and appropriate.
- Ownership of ad-hoc projects as necessary from senior management. Key responsibilities subject to change. Note peg is a fast paced environment and you should be able to handle quick changes and agile way of working while bringing structure.
What an ideal candidate would look like.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, independently breaking down problems and proposing solutions.
- A bias for action and history of moving work forward independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable working, communicating and influencing a variety of stakeholders (e.g. Senior leadership, Operations directors, field agents, tech. Teams etc.).
- Excellent excel and data skills. SQL, R, python experience is a plus but not necessary. Comfortable and desire to work with financial metrics.
- Experienced in mapping processes, project progress tracking and being able to visualize this well.
- Desire to work across the business and in the future aspiring for a senior leadership role.
- English (essential), French (essential).
How to apply
- Please submit your CV, and
- Please submit a covering letter (1 page max)
Apply for this Position
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.