PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 600 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast,Senegal and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
The Cluster Supply Chain Director will play a pivotal role in supply chain management and logistics operations for the entire portfolio of PEG’s products in the markets. S/he must be able to work with PEG’s Group Director to support the Operations departments in each of the PEG markets in the cluster. This will include inbound logistics and customs management for product imports, outbound and reverse logistics to the field, and stock tracking and management. Peg is implementing its own ERP/CRM system and the director will be responsible for both the design and manage the implementation. You will be expected to analyze information and processes, create strategies, and present findings. S/he will help PEG identify and proactively resolve any challenges that are identified within the supply chain and field operations. The person will be required to spend some time in both Abidjan and Accra to work with the local teams.
The role requires an appreciation of the solar distribution business model and standard practices of productive stakeholder management across the value chain (including suppliers, local government authorities across cluster markets and internal business stakeholders). This individual requires an understanding of supply chain and import procedures, accounting and finance, negotiation and contract development as levers of improving efficiency.
- Assist in the logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Design CRM systems and manage both implementation and adoption by lower-level staff
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers and government agencies.
- Read and comprehend legal documents such as contracts or import/export agreements
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory requirements with regards to shipping, clearance and duties across all PEG markets in the cluster.
- Maintain the supply chain budget for each market in the cluster
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
The successful candidate must have (or be able to):
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration. Professional certification in CIPS (UK), CIMA (UK), PRINCE2 or demonstrable experience in these areas would be a differentiator.
- Specific experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations departments required
- Proven experience in working with CRM/ERP systems and preferably the implementation of them.
- Experience in board-level negotiations and engagements with a strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.
- Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
- Credible track record of managing and developing diverse and sparsely located teams.
- Fluency in both English and French is mandatory.
PEG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.