Nurse Assistant, Clinical (Enrolled Nurse) – JSI Research & Training Institute
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
This is a full-time position that will be based in districts in Western Region, Ghana. The role of the Nurse Assistant – Clinical (Enrolled Nurse) will be to act as project liaisons /focal points in specific Ghana Health Service (GHS) ART facilities and collaborate with personnel there to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for PLHIVs (including KPs), by actively managing successful community referrals, and ensuring their linkage to the desired facility-based care and treatment services.
The main objective of the Nurse Assistant –Clinical is to provide professional health and nursing care to PLHIV by contributing to their regular care and maintenance, as well as participating in all HIV care and related programs undertaken by the health facility.
The successful applicants will be deployed at various health facilities offering ART services in the various districts (Ahanta West, Ellembele, Jomoro, Nzema East, Prestea- Huni Valley, Kwesimintim, Sekondi Takoradi Metro, Shama, Tarkwa-Nsueam Municipal, Wassa Amenfi East, Wassa Amenfi Central, Wassa Amenfi West, Wassa East and Mporhor) of the Western Region and Sefwi Wiawso district in the Western North. Candidates resident in the designated districts will have an added advantage.
No. of Positions: Twenty-five (25)
Reporting Relationship: The Nurse Assistant – (Enrolled Nurses) reports to the Senior Program Specialist on the project, and who will be based in Takoradi.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with HF management and personnel and participate in activities for assessment, planning and implementation of interventions for addressing patient care problems of PLHIV.
- Actively engage PLHIV, and all new cases to support their participation in treatment and care programs available at the facility.
- Undertake and demonstrate nursing tasks in the best interest of patient care and professional standards.
- Together with facility team, maintain a safe patient care environment at all times
- Ensure promotion of health and prevention of illnesses, teaching patients and their relatives about appropriate behaviors.
- Adhere to the national health and safety policies, guidelines/protocols established in the health facility
- Take care of own safety and take all measures to ensure the safety of the patient, relatives and staff – reporting all accidents, risk assessments and incidents, completing relevant documentation and undertake further investigation as directed.
- Comply with the GHS quality assurance policy and guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards.
- Participate in project activities in the district, and also in all official role related activities.
- Any other duty assigned by the project supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Community Health Nurse Certificate (Clinical). Knowledge of Ghana Health Service HIV AIDS activities will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ART services, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), reproductive health, maternal and child health (MCH), and HIV prevention is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance issues
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Western Region language abilities and cultural awareness will be useful
- Computer literate (Word, excel, power point)
The post holder must at all times:
- Work in accordance with the GHS/NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
- Strictly adhere to the provisions of the Patient’s Charter.
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards
- Attend in-service training to upgrade skills and knowledge to provide quality care to clients.
- Keep Log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked ‘Nurse Assistant –Clinical (Enrolled Nurse) ’ to:
Deadline for the submission of applications: March 2 2021.
2020 Graduates are encouraged to apply
Qualified persons from Privately Nursing Training schools accredited by the Nurses and Midwifery Council are encouraged to apply
Qualified persons based in the Western and Western North will be highly considered
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: There will be no relocation allowance for successful candidates.
WhatsApp Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.