An NGO (NORTHCODE GHANA) wants for engagement, a very active, energetic and focused person as its Natural Resource Management Officer.
Job Location: Sawla, Savannah Region
- Support the Executive Director and his team in the preparation and timely submission of annual, quarterly and monthly project work-plans.
- Support monitoring / follow up on CREMA and value chain activities with project field staff, partners and government agencies.
- Oversee the establishment of self-sustaining vegetables gardens and tree nurseries seedlings to improve household incomes and community environment conservation activities.
- Support in the development of training materials and organization of training for beekeepers,
- Support in the strengthening of the CREMA governance structures through trainings for the CREMA CECs, CRMC, patrollers and other relevant stakeholders
- Identify capacity development needs of communities in cashew, groundnuts and bee keeping value chains and arrange trainings.
- Support the overall implementation of biodiversity conservation and livelihoods reinforcement activities in the Jelinkon CREMA in accordance with the project documents and ensure technical quality control.
- Support in establishing and maintaining contact with external stakeholders (government, private sector, etc)
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Forestry or a closely related field and demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Proficient computer and internet skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Experience with the use of databases is an important asset.
- Experience and working knowledge in CREMA activities is key.
- At least 2 years’ working experience in the implementation of natural resource management activities and livelihood improvement or climate change adaptation projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, facilitation and participatory planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Dagaare, Waali, Vagli is an added advantage.
- Excellent community mobilization/ sensitization and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
To Apply click on the button BELOW
- Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships at the University of Sydney, Australia 2021
- Australian National University Scholarships 2021-2022 | Fully Funded
- TEACHER WANTED || Dayspring Montessori International School Recruitment 2021
- BAYPORT SAVINGS AND LOANS PLC