Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2021
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2021.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Haul Truck Operator
About This Role:
- To operate haul truck at Newmont to deliver on the daily operational targets, in a safe and controlled manner.
Haul Truck Pre-Shift and On-Shift Activities
- Attend all pre-shift instruction meetings.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Mine Operations Shift Supervisor and follow the specified instruction and daily haul plan, prior to the execution of activities.
- Know the truck assigned and the designated location that the truck needs to be driven to.
- Perform pre-start inspections of truck and accessories such as tyres, lights, turn signals, and brakes.
- Inspect the truck cabin and assure that all switches are operational.
- Signal Dispatcher on the two-way communication radio to inform of any detected truck defects or issues.
- Follow laid-down starting procedures and instructions on the truck screen.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring in the shift immediately to the Dispatcher / Supervisor.
- Report any potential ore or material spillages to the Dispatcher / Supervisor with immediate effect.
- Raise any truck malfunctions or service requirements to the Supervisor at the before, during or after the shift.
- Meet and / or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
- Assist in developing peers to perform hauling duties.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Follow truck assignments via jigsaw panel.
Ore and Material Haulage
- Operate and drive heavy haul trucks to transport materials.
- Remain responsible for the collection and haulage of ore from loading point to dumping destination, at the correct site locations.
- Maintain the highest level of production possible by positioning for double side loading.
- Drive to and from the pit in a safe, slow and controlled manner.
- Confirm that ore and other material is properly hauled according to safety requirements.
- Verify that the material transported (i.e. ore or waste) is correct(misroute).
- Signal the Dispatcher / Supervisor if there is any material discrepancy.
Haul Truck Post-Shift Handover
- Communicate and provide work status handovers to incoming Haul Truck Operator.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher regarding hazards encountered to provide sufficient information to the incoming Operators for the smooth running of operations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Job Title: Shovel & Drill Electrician
About This Role:
- To conduct electrical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of electrical equipment and systems on drills, shovels and support equipment, according to electrical codes, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications, and safety standards to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
- Perform preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Generate a work order before the remedial or repair work is carried out.
- Raise a job card for work to be carried out, if any problems are identified.
- Attend to items on the maintenance planning schedule, as and when required.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance on all electrical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovel and support equipment.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as electrical preventive maintenance.
- Confirm that tag-outs / lock-outs are in place when disconnecting / connecting and removing electrical components.
- Attend to equipment breakdowns.
- Provide information with regards to maintaining sufficient spare availability and stock levels.
- Assist specialists in making more complex repairs.
- Work within established procedures and operating manuals, as set out by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) and best practice.
Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repairs (MTTR).
- Fully Funded Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023: Open for Online Applications!
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023; for Foreign Scholars and Artists
- Carry out daily inspections and record all findings.
- Check all malfunctioned electrical systems and conduct root cause analysis in order to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications and in accordance with local codes.
- Strive to reduce downtime and minimize costs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply