Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2021
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2021.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Contracts Administrator, Ahafo North
- To implement a strategy to continuously improve and execute Newmont’s regional outline agreement Stock and Direct procurement requirements.
- To enhance Newmont’s overall purchasing capability through the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and value-added activities.
- To facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle procurement and Contract Management process.
Main Responsibility Areas
Contracting Process Management
- Provide information and reports on sensitive purchasing activities and progress on projects, including deviations from original contract.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Manager and Contracts Manager to verify that all contracts meet Newmont, local, state and national laws, rules and regulations.
- Generate Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) which can be converted to FPA contracts.
- Execute FPA agreements in a timely manner, which efficiently minimises future labour and price for administering inventories.
- Evaluate FPA tenders and RFQs with the ability to select the best value price and / or solution.
- Conduct contractor meetings including pre-bid, pre-award, progress, performance, negotiation, and close-out for large complex contracts as required.
- Negotiate changes in contract scope of work, prepare and execute change orders as needed.
- Facilitate the Supplier Risk Management process. Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment
- Supervise allocated staff member(s):
- prioritise and allocate tasks/responsibilities.
- check and control the quality of work outputs.
- develop capability of team members.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Analyse and review processes for improvement and / or identification of outdated procedures.
- Support the Commercial Manager and Contracts Manager in the development of departmental policy, procedures and materials management strategies.
- Provide capability support and facilitate the lifecycle procurement and contract management process to enable optimum delivery of value and total cost of ownership assessment. Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders / customers and external business partners.
- Responsible for tactical and operational engagement with End users into order to verify continuity of supplier and effective management of budget.
- Collaborate with effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services to deliver best outcome of value to their budget.
- Proactively interact with suppliers and external bodies to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa projects.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement, and cost reduction.
- Understand End-users budget and proactively plan to deliver value.
Reporting and Analytics
- Prepare procurement reports for management as required or requested.
- Seek, develop and present market intelligence required for Newmont procurement process.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP) / Employee Assistance Program (EAP) System Knowledge.
- Lifecycle procurement and contract management.
- Supplier Risk Management process.
- Knowledge of P2P Transactional Processes.
- Knowledge of customs and regulations.
- Local Content Legislation.
- Good understanding and application of Total Cost of Ownership procurement model.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 10th June 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.