Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
The overall scope of the incumbent is to ensure all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.He is responsible for keeping equipment in good repair by providing day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of the Engineering Management.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff.
- Repair and / or adjust all types of electrical and HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies – be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and employees, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. Inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Optimize maintenance costs.
- Accident prevention and safety.
- Comply with all Kempinski company policies.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Responsibilities
- Technical Certificate or better in HVAC systems
- Minimum one year experience in a HVAC systems, preferably in a 4/5 star hotel.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Problem Solving & Decision Making skills
- Administration skills
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 25 March. 2021