Jobs Available at WorldReader 2021
- Company: Worldreader
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Looking to be part of an amazing team that is solving challenges, growing, and attracting attention? Plus, do you want to work with data that has the potential to change people’s lives for the better?
Worldreader is seeking a data engineer with a passion for creating elegant yet simple data systems. The data engineer is a key member of the technology team at Worldreader, helping the organization understand our reader behavior around the world. The team currently handles more than 2B rows of data and uses AWS Glue, SQL, Python, and Spark to build technical systems.
You’ll have opportunities to grow and be responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines, making sure data is available and accessible, and helping drive new innovation and insights via data management. The ideal candidate for this role is fluent in data manipulation and statistics, comfortable with providing technical and product recommendations and working cross-functionally to support ideas from inception to launch.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies (Glue, Python, Spark)
- Architect data pipelines to transform and validate data
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key performance metrics
- Facilitate data cleansing, enrichment, and data quality improvements
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Work with stakeholders including the Product and Impact teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Assist in data governance processes, planning, security, and execution
- Implement self-service and automation tools catered towards differing skill levels in the organization
- Works closely with and provides support to a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Hands-on experience in big data projects and infrastructure (AWS)
- Demonstrated strength in Python programming or similar languages.
- Extensive experience writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large data sets using SQL, Postgres, Redshift, or something similar.
- Demonstrated strength in SQL Performance Tuning
- Fluent in data manipulation and statistics
- Ability in managing and communicating data pipeline plans to internal clients
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of Python or similar development experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience with various AWS services including Glue, RDS, Redshift, and S3
- Experience consuming and cleansing data from third-party APIs and other sources
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark
- Experience with end-to-end Mobile and Web data analysis environments like Google Analytics
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 17 March. 2021
WhatsApp Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.