Job Vacancies At Mastercard Foundation
· Company: Mastercard Foundation
· Location: Ghana
· State: Accra
· Job type: Full-Time
· Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment.
Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an education and skills program management professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Program Lead, the Program Partner, Education & Skills will work collaboratively to manage a portfolio of existing Education & Skills programs and partnerships, with a particular focus on skills development and TVET strengthening in the agriculture sector.
They will support the implementation and refinement of Ghana Country Strategy and will work with partner organizations to develop and co-create new education and skills programs in alignment with the Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy in Ghana
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
· Support and contribute to the implementation and refinement of the Ghana Country Strategy and expansion.
· Support in identifying and engaging with potential implementing partners for country-based TVET/skills development programming and support the development of program proposals. This includes conducting due diligence of potential partners and contributing to project design and proposal development.
· Support and/or manage current and future programs as appropriate, including reviewing periodic narrative and financial reporting and data collection, facilitating partner coordination, undertaking partner site visits and distilling program learning for the country teams as well as wider Foundation staff.
· Identify issues and trends that affect the quality of TVET/secondary education, as part of the Foundation’s Country Strategy and program development processes.
· Assist in identifying skill and workforce development gaps in the agriculture sector, issues and trends that affect education and economic development during the Foundation’s country strategy implementation and program development processes.
· Participate in TVET stakeholder coordination working groups, task forces and other meetings where relevant.
· Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, government representatives and other key stakeholders at the country-level
· Support the design and delivery of appropriate mechanisms to monitor effectiveness and impact of education and skills development interventions
Who You Are
· Graduate degree in Education, Economics or a youth development-related field.
· Minimum 5 – 7 years of relevant experience leading program interventions with partner organizations; TVET sector experience and experience in skills development for Agriculture are particularly desirable.
· Education, skills, or workforce development program development and execution focused on economically disadvantaged youth, and incorporating one or more of: education and/or training systems strengthening interventions improving the quality of teaching and learning at the secondary level, work-based and experiential learning approaches; upskilling or reskilling; assessment and credentialing; digitally-enabled delivery; career counseling; soft skills training; entrepreneurship skills training; labor market and skills gap assessments.
· Knowledge of, and experience designing and implementing, best practices in TVET.
· Command of quantitative and qualitative education and labor market analysis techniques.
· Strong budgeting and financial management skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of commitments.
· Strong ability to communicate progress and learning from projects to colleagues, government and the wider development community.
· Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
· Excellent presentation and listening skills, a strong collaborator with a proven ability to co-design solutions with partners, government, stakeholders and colleagues.
· Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Bilingual French is an asset.
· Ability to travel when required in the future.
· Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
· Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
· Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
· You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of Application
Deadline for Applications
The deadline for Applications is August 5, 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.