Job Opportunities at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
Human Resources Officer at Food and Agriculture Organization
The Regional Office for Africa is responsible for leading FAO´s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO´s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in Africa and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization´s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions, including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
• Plans and delivers HR programmes, products and services including related policies, systems and tools to facilitate the effective recruitment, management, development and retirement of the FAO workforce;
• Analyzes HR requirements, information, data, statistics, relativities, trends, problems, and/or issues to support service delivery, new HR initiatives, and the preparation of plans, strategies, reports, policies and/or other products;
• Provides specialist HR advice and expertise to designated business partners on specific or complex cases, staff requirements, policy interpretation issues, labor relations issues and/or best practices, etc.;
• Manages special projects and provides guidance to consultants for the development and implementation of new HR products, tools, and systems;
• Develops information, training materials and products to increase understanding of HR programmes, services and policies, promote capacity development and facilitate the introduction of Changes across the Organization;
• Provides information and assistance to management and staff to resolve problems and/or reach agreement on complex issues;
• Develops relevant performance criteria and indicators to evaluate HR programmes, products and services.
• Guides and advises on a full range of human resources aspects such as organizational design, position management, succession planning and leads the implementation of the staffing needs assessment enabling the effective delivery of the work program in the region;
• Coordinates and provides advice on the recruitment, selection and appointment processes of all personnel;
• Designs, develops and delivers induction, information and training sessions on HR-related topics targeting all personnel throughout the region;
• Consults comprehensively throughout the region and designs interventions with Headquarters to make human resources management more efficient and tailored to the needs of the region;
• Oversees the development and delivery of well-being activities in the Regional Office;
• Undertakes employee consultations and engagement activities to contribute to the implementation of change processes across the region;
• Chairs Salary Survey Committees of the United Nations, as needed;
• Oversees the development and execution of staff development activities and learning programmes and ensures compliance with performance management requirements.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Seven years of relevant experience in human resources management and administration, including development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures, organizational design, talent acquisition, staff development, HR reporting and/or administrative law.
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Demonstrated ability to identify issues, proactively formulate advice and analysis, draw conclusions and recommendations on a wide range of policy, operational, management and administrative HR-related matters;
• Extent and relevance of experience in human resources planning and management, including organization design, talent acquisition, staff development, and/or development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures;
• Familiarity with automated human resources management systems.
• Working knowledge of French is considered a strong asset.
WhatsApp Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.