Job Title: INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIST AND DESIGNER
- The Instructional Technologist and Designer will work with the Sakai E-Learning Team and academic staff at the Department of Distance Education, School of Continuing and Distance Education (SCDE) to create and customize materials and multimedia for web-enhanced, blended, and online course in the University’s distance Education (DE) programme as well as continuing professional development courses.
- The Instructional Technologist and Designer will work specifically with Lecturers from participating academic disciplines in the DE programme to design, customize, and produce course materials and resources reflective of SCDE’s web-enhanced, blended, and online modules and programmes in the Sakai Learning Management system. He/she will be responsible for uploading of multimedia, videos, podcast and interactive images for e-learning modules as well as modules designed for training educators in the field.
- Assisting lecturers to design, customize, produce and update multimedia course materials and resources reflective of SCDE’s web-enhanced, blended and online modules and programme
• Copying course materials/modules and interactive resources created in the Distance Education and E-learning Community
• Uploading content to build online assessments in the Sakai Learning Management System
• Creating and updating resources to train and support participants (i.e. students, faculty and staff) on how to use appropriate educational technologies in the DE programme and continuing professional development courses
• Train faculty, staff and students on the institutional LMS
- be a staff of the University of Ghana;
• have a good first degree plus a Master’s degree in Educational Technology, E-Learning or a related field, from a recognised institution; and,
• have at least two years relevant post-qualification experience.
- Strong technology skills, including but not limited to knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, knowledge of Learning Management Systems and course design.
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills, and good judgement in communicating with University faculty and staff, representatives from external organizations and vendors.
• Must be able to think strategically to guide production projects.
• Demonstrated ability to use technology to support instructional objectives, such as live webinars software, rich media, lecture capture, video conferencing, screen recording software, Web 2, 3, and 4 tools, class-based tools such as interactive whiteboards/smart classrooms.
Application Deadline: 8th May 2021
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack to the;
College of Humanities,
The University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 1173,
Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
or firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
• General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
In compliance with COVID-19 protocols, we encourage all applicants to submit soft copies of their application packs to the Registrar through the approved email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.