Dr. Bawumiah initiates scholarship and how to apply so easy and simple.
Initially, Some years ago, before you can apply for government scholarship. Accra was the only place one can pick an official application form to participate in the scholarship as at that particular time. But now anyone can apply for scholarship in Ghana where ever he/she find himself or herself. Dr. Bawumiah initiative’s scholarship to help students who are current facing financial problems.
In contrast, the website for Dr. Bawumiah’s scholarship portal is www.scholarshipgh.com. The purpose of this portal is to promote digitize delivery services and reduce corruption and inconveniences that applicants go through to apply for government scholarship(s).
However, Covid-19 pandemic has halt many institutions especially those in the educational sector. But technology anyone can access this portal at any where with their digital devices without involving any human which may lead to the spread of the corona virus.
Also, there are many beneficiaries of this recent scholarship initiative. This beneficiaries includes pilot students, teachers and a lot in the 2018/19.
Furthermore, this scholarship covers foreign students at the tertiary level of education abroad. There is a mutual agreement between the government of Ghana and the government of the awarding country abroad. These countries include; Russia, Hungary, Algeria, China, Morocco, Germany (DAAD)
In addition, Ghana Commonwealth Secretariat award scholarships to Ghanaian to masters and PhD students. Similarly, in 2019/2020 30,000 Ghanaian students benefited but this year Expected beneficiaries are to be 70,000 for Ghanaian students this year.
REQUIREMENT FOR THE APPLICATION
- Softcopy or scanned copies of these documents:
- Student Admission letter
- Transcripts (Academic Records)
- Previous certificate
- Passport picture
- Two guarantors with active phone numbers and Digital address (They must be Ghanaians)
- Student ID Number
- Voters ID Number
- Active email and phone number
- Also, any personal details (Full name, Date of birth, Place of birth, etc.) are required
PROCESS OF APPLYING
- Visit www.scholarshipgh.com
- Create account by clicking on Sign Up
- Fill the required forms.
- Finally, 4 pin digits will be sent to your phone complete your sign up form
- Now visit the Homepage
NEXT IS APTITUDE TEST
Nevertheless, the aptitude is the final stage for the online process. Things to take note before you start the test:
- They are all multiple-choice questions no written.
- 30 questions and 25 minutes to answer all questions
- Pass mark is 50%
- Question are can come from all aspects of education in Ghana (Mathematics, Biology, Social studies, Agric, Physics, etc.)
Inclusion, all selected applicants will be called or notified for a scheduled interview.
Finally, Deadline of the online process is: 15/05/2020