GSS NEW VITAL INFORMATION CONCERNING THE POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS
On Sunday 13th June 2021, GSS Census Officers will be visiting your houses and businesses to begin the PHC process.
Structure Numbers will be written on the walls of most structures mostly known in the following formats (2021PHC/000/0000 – eg. 2021PHC/075/0004).
All information you provide are safe and CONFIDENTIAL. Ensure census officers are in census jacket, and demand their introductory letter or ID card.
When officers come to your house, kindly allow them to count you, and provide them with correct answers to aid decision making in the country for better development.
Phases of 2021 PHC
The process begins with a Housing Census (Listing and Counting of Structures) and the Census Night is
13th June, 2021
- Numbering of buildings with CHALK (chalking)
- Asking questions of the house including number of people in the house ( listing of structures)
28th June- 11th July 2021
- Personal information including living conditions ( enumeration)
Questions To Be Asked When An Enumerator Visits You
- The Address of the Structure:
– Name of Owner
– House Number
– Street Name
– Popular Name of House
- GPS Coordinates:
Ghana Post Address of the structure and not the whole compound. So if you have 3 structures on one compound, each structure must have its own Ghana Post Address. NB: An Enumerator is not supposed to generate one for you hence it will be best if you can provide the GP Address yourself.
- Type of structure
- Level of completion
- Number of persons (male and female) resident within
- The structure uses i.e. what the structure is used for.
- Whether the structure has a toilet facility or not.
- The type of toilet facility. This refers particularly to where the feaces are contained when discharged and not the user interface such as WC. For this, the enumerator must be allowed to view for him or herself with clarification from you the respondent.
- Availability of toilet facilities:
Number of toilet rooms available in the structure.
You’ll be asked if any household lives in this structure. A household should not be confused as a family. A household can refer to a group of people, related or unrelated, with A common living arrangement, eat from a common pot and recognize one person as the head. This should be explained better by the Enumerator.
- Presence of outdoor sleepers around the structure:
You’ll also be asked if there are people who may Be sleeping outside and/or around the structure.
- The name of the household head (as explained in 7 above)
- Sex of the Household Head
- The contact of the household head.
- Number of persons in the household.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE