Grameen Foundation Jobs 2021
Job Description Grameen Foundation is implementing
- Job Title: Program Manager
- Work Status: Full Time – Project Based (5 years)
- Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel locally (20) and internationally (40%)
- Location: Burkina Faso, Uganda, Tanzania
BACKGROUND ON THE AGRIPATH INITIATIVE
Grameen Foundation is implementing a 5-year interventional research program “ AgriPath: Empowering smallholder farmers’ transition to sustainable agriculture through effective and efficient digital pathways” in five countries in sub-Saharan Africa (Burkina Faso, Uganda, and Tanzania) and Asia (India and Nepal). AgriPath is a Consortium of scientists from the Centre for Development and Environment (CDE) and the Institute of Sociology (IoS) of the University of Bern, digital agriculture innovation leader Grameen Foundation USA (Grameen), Grameen Foundation India (GFI), the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), and the technology start-up Farmbetter Ltd (farmbetter). The research program seeks to test hypothesise that smallholders are more likely to benefit from digital advisory services if they have access to rural extension agents who can provide more nuanced support. To test this hypothesis, AgriPath will identify pathways to improved digital advisory services (DAS) access by women, men and youth via three models: agent-facilitated, self-service, and hybrid. By this approach, AgriPath will equip rural agents and farmers in the five countries with the farmbetter app providing user-friendly access to tailored information on sustainable land management (SLM) practices.
Over the course of five years, AgriPath aims to bring sustainable agriculture to scale by identifying, evaluating, and promoting promising pathways for digitally supported agricultural advisory services that effectively and efficiently empower female and male smallholders to make informed decisions and sustainably increase their agricultural productivity, income, and climate resilience through the uptake of sustainable farming practices. AgriPath will pursue its main goal through the following four specific objectives:
- Leverage: To identify levers for enhancing DAS adoption, with specific attention to social norms (such as gender roles, decision making power and other household dynamics), the role of communities and agricultural extension agents.
- Up-/ Outscale: To contextualise the farmbetter app and provide tailor-made advice on sustainable agriculture to thousands of smallholder farmers and agricultural extension agents.
- Compare: To assess and compare benefits of agent-based, self-service, and hybrid DAS models for users’ livelihoods, as well as their potential to support transformation towards sustainable agriculture.
- Capitalise: To equip DAS providers, extension programs, and the development community with evidence and a toolkit, to develop capacities and provide practical guidance on the uptake of DAS and related adoption of sustainable agricultural practices by male and female smallholders.
JOB SUMMARY- PROGRAM MANAGER
The Program Manager will use broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge to provide overall technical, managerial and programmatic leadership and ensure program quality for the AgriPath initiative provided to internal and external clients
Key Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of annual and quarterly workplans based on overall AgriPath workplan for Grameen Foundation
- Managing implementing partners (IPs), country-based Program Leads; and providing overall management and technical guidance to partner staff operating in the five project countries to ensure all IPs complete program deliverables related to Grameen’s work plans with quality
- Supporting IPs to develop monthly activity plans based on annual and quarterly workplans
- Making regular field visits to supervise the implementation of activities in the field, participate in program assessments and evaluations, and ensure overall program quality
- Working closely with consortium partners and country specific IPs to ensure partner staff and volunteers meet performance targets and achieve deliverables on the ground
- Ensuring compliant financial management, including working with Business Analyst to manage AgriPath project budget, and ensuring compliance with donor requirements
Managerial and Technical Leadership
- Training and providing technical assistance to implementing partners, project staffs and farmer groups on digital advisory services (DAS) with the farmbetter app.
- Establishing and managing partnerships with public and private organizations to ensure scaling sustainable agriculture with DAS.
- Developing or contributing to the development of DAS toolkits and training materials for DAS providers and implementing partners.
- Identifying threats to successful program implementation early and working with Grameen management and technical support staff to identify adaptations to mitigate these threats
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensuring research designs for data collection are in line with project’s MEL Framework and ultimately result in addressing the four objectives of the project.
- Ensuring the collection of regular, high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation data including by participating in project assessments, working with consortium partners, IPs, MEL Consultants and Grameen’s Global Research Director to finalize the project’s MEL Framework, and ensuring field staff and volunteers collect data.
- Preparing evidence-based quarterly and annual reports.
- Develop and submit quality, timely reports to partners and funders.
Representation and Communication
- Represent Grameen Foundation on AgriPath Consortium and the Steering Committee.
- Representing Grameen Foundation to public and private stakeholders in the field.
- Represent and promote Grameen Foundation through related industry, trade or community events
- Assisting Grameen Marketing and Communication Team to develop content to support the communications strategy and sharing it through various forms (blogs, monthly updates, reports, videos etc.).
- PM will lead the promotion of AgriPath through a website and social media, which will be linked to existing communication outlets of all partners
Key Relationships include:
The Program Manager will work closely with Regional Director- Africa, Director-Technology for Development, Global Research Director and Grameen Foundation USA Technical Teams, Grameen’s local and international project partners, and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of the project portfolio.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe workplace practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Required Skills or Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A passion for solving the challenges facing poor, women and corresponding solutions; combined with a deep commitment to eradicating poverty.
- Technical expertise and experience managing and implementing agriculture programs, digital innovation in agriculture programs, youth and women’s economic empowerment, gender and agriculture and economic strengthening programs.
- Technical expertise and experience in managing and implementing interventional research programs.
- Successful project management experience throughout the whole project life cycle.
- Experience and strong skills managing and coaching field staff to achieve results
- Experience and strong skills developing and managing program workplans and budgets
- Ability to support multiple priorities, adapt to evolving project/work needs, and deliver timely results. Combined with a self-driven proactive work style.
- Execution skills, and the ability to overcome and work around operational obstacles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), Excel, Skype and other remote communication tools required.
- Research, Data Analysis and Process Management Skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, knowledge of Process/Project Management Tools a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Human Centered Design principles and Monitoring & Evaluation Frameworks a strong plus.
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and able to work independently. Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, highly creative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential and commitment to excellence.
- Integrity in dealing with colleagues, executing work in support of the mission, protecting confidential information and discretion in all matters.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5-10 years’ experience managing and implementing action and interventional research program, agriculture, economic strengthening, or livelihoods programs.
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Management, Agriculture, International Development, Economics, Finance, Public Health/Policy, Engineering or related field.
- Preference for understanding of technology, particularly digital financial tools and on-line learning applications.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills is a must, ability to speak French is a plus
- Experience working in global/multicultural organizations across multiple time zones a strong plus.
- Experience conducting impact assessments a plus.
- Experience working with the research and development sector is a strong plus.
- USG experience a strong plus
- Previous digital innovation in agriculture or digital learning content experience.
How To Apply
- All interested applicants should send a copy of their application letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com before close of day on 30th April, 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ON
FULLY FUNDED | | COMMONWEALTH DISTANCE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK 2021
GHANA SCHOLARSHIPS SECRETARIAT POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP 2021/2022 TO STUDY IN UK
NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2022-2023: SUBMIT APPLICATION!
AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2021-2022 | FULLY FUNDED
JOINT JAPAN WORLD BANK SCHOLARSHIPS 2022 | FULLY FUNDED
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.