GIZ Ghana Recruitment 2021/2022
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Recruitment 2021/2022.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draws on the wealth of regional and technical expertise as well as tried and tested management know-how. As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ offers customized solutions to complex challenges. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made, and effective services for sustainable development in more than 130 countries worldwide.
- Location:Sefwi Wiawso, Damango, Nalerigu, Techiman, Goaso, Dambai
- Job type:Full-Time.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Scope of the role
- The finance officer will be responsible for providing support in ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with GIZ PuR and local legislation of Ghana.
• Carries out accounting procedures using bankbook and cashbook software, balancing both books periodically, always prepared for both
regular and unannounced cash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
• Ensures full compliance to internal auditing rules by carrying out indepth checking of vouchers submitted for processing
• Insures the tax calculations according the local legislation Ghana
• Follows up on all receivables with partner organizations and remind them for the expected action to be taken
• Calculates travel advances and travel claims, proper checking of invoices for accuracy
• Organises adequate filing system structure and files documents properly for easy retrieval
• Advises partners and experts on accounting and financing procedures in accordance international accounting system
• University Degree in BA/BSc Accounting, Finance, or similar area
• At least 3 years of work experience in auditing and accounting in a comparable position
• Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
• Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet); computer applications most especially excel or project management.
• Mandatory working knowledge and experience in IT-based accounting programs
• Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes; rendering result orientated performance.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How to Apply for GIZ Ghana Recruitment
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com
under the Job Code 2021/EU-REACH/03/01.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 July, 2021.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.