GES DECLARATION OF VACANCIES AT THE REGIONAL OFFICE
The Ghana Education Service (GES) was established, as part of the Public Service of Ghana, in 1974 by NRCD 247 and was subsequently amended by NRCD 252, 357 and SMCD 63. Under the forth Republican Constitution of Ghana, these earlier legislations have been amended by Acts of Parliament, including Act 506 (1994) and Act 778 (2008). The GES is governed by a fifteen-member Council called the GES Council.
Ghana Education Service seeks to create an enabling environment in all educational institutions and management positions that will facilitate effective teaching and learning and efficiency in the management for the attainment of the goals of the Service.
To ensure that all Ghanaian children of school-going age are provided with inclusive and equitable quality formal education and training through effective and efficient management of resources to make education delivery relevant to the manpower needs of the nation.
Mandate of GES
GES is responsible for the implementation of approved national pre-tertiary educational policies and programs to ensure that all Ghanaian children of school-going age irrespective of tribe, gender, disability, religious and political affiliations are provided with inclusive and equitable quality formal education.
Objectives of GES
The objectives of GES are in accordance with the National Policy Objectives espoused in the Education Strategic Plan (ESP). The key objectives of the Service are as follows:
- Increase inclusive and equitable access to and participation in education at all levels
- Ensure provision of life skills training and management of personal hygiene, family life, gender, health, HIV/AIDS/STIs, etc.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Improve the Management of education service delivery
There are four (4) main programmes under the GES and these include:
- Pre-tertiary education management including Headquarters Divisions, Regional and District directorates
- Basic Education, comprising Kindergarten, Primary and Junior High Schools
- Secondary Education comprising SHS and TVET
- Special and Inclusive Education
BELOW ARE THE AVAILABLBLE VACANCIES
We are looking for competent and dynamic candidates to fill the following positions:
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Not later than 29th April, 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.