Education Specialist at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
Generation Global is the Institute’s global citizenship education programme. It enables young people to embrace the future, equipped with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to become active, global, and open-minded citizens.
Generation Global was established in 2009 and has worked in over 30 countries in Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa (MENA), Europe and the Americas, teaching dialogue skills to teachers and students, and facilitating meaningful global encounters between young people aged 13 to 17.
The programme has trained over 14,000 teachers and worked with over 550,000 students globally, through its online community and the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA). It has enabled over 3,800 classroom VCs and over 400 online encounters between students internationally.
Our resources are recognised as good practice by organizations including UNESCO, the Brooking Institution and Club De Madrid, and have been used in the programme’s partnership with governments across the world, including Italy, Jordan, Australia’s Northern Territory, and several states in India.
TBI is scoping for an Education Specialist in the Asia/Africa regions for an independent consultancy contract on an initial 12-month basis (rate of pay negotiable). You will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of Generation Global’s curriculum and resources.
This role requires someone who has proven experience and success collaborating on the development of intercultural dialogue and global citizenship programs for schools and educational institutes, experience training educators across various cultural backgrounds in global citizenship pedagogy, and who can develop content that is engaging, user friendly, and aligns with the Generation Global learning framework.
An Education Specialist with the Generation Global team would work a 20–25-hour week, contracted from Mid-April 2021 to March 2022 and collaborate closely with the Education and Quality Lead. Other members of the Generation Global team, subject experts, and members of the Teacher and Student Advisory Groups may also be consulted.
You’ll provide the following services, which may include, but won’t be limited to:
- Contribute to the curation and design of curriculum, training materials, and scalable learning focused on teacher development and intercultural dialogue
- Collaborate on quality assessments and support the maintenance of high-quality standards and indicators for student and teacher learning
- Collaborate on the development of digital resources to optimize various methods of learning including online, blended, low-tech and no-tech methods
- Contribute subject matter expertise in intercultural dialogue and global citizenship education to create diverse, current, and engaging high-quality content for young people around the world
- Collaborate with subject matter experts on global topics to help create, design, and develop technical and non-technical content into engaging learning experiences
Instruction and Delivery:
- Facilitate teacher trainings and student seminars via online platforms; must have the ability to confidently present and teach across various regions and contexts
- Provide ongoing support to the teacher training team and collaborate to improve procedures and processes
- Develop and deliver training materials for teacher leaders related to program deliverables and indicators of the Generation Global framework in consultative sessions with partner schools
- Facilitate video conferences on a range of global topics with learners ages 13-17 and on occasion, educators
Skills & Know How
- An education degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing programs for intercultural dialogue and communication, global citizenship education in formal and non-formal educational settings
- 5+ years’ experience in teaching youth, preferably secondary levels of education
- Moderate to substantial experience in e Learning curriculum development and online resources
- Skilled in creating engaging and effective training experiences for teachers and students and can share examples to highlight these skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in diverse environments.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision-making when developing curricula and trainings.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and be adaptable, in response to changing situations on the ground, across a variety of time zones
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
- Fluent in English, second language preferable
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organization. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity.
We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Center: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the center ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organization, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Change maker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
Closing Date : 4 May. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.