General Manager, Airport Operations – United Airlines, West Africa
At United Airlines, we have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United Airlines Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
This position is located at the ACC airport in Accra, Ghana
Job Overview And Responsibilities
Responsible for day-to-day operational, financial and personnel performance of assigned international outstations ACC and LOS. Establishes or implements goals and standards to maintain and control operational integrity, service levels, costs, and safety requirements. This includes host government specific security checkpoint and baggage screening requirements in accordance with U.S. TSA security directives, mandates and GSC responsibilities. Monitors performance against plans and initiates corrective actions to improve results. Determines and justifies equipment, facilities, staffing, and training needs to achieve station operational goals. Participates as team member to headquarters support organizations, as well as other United operating departments in administering their responsibilities. Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with station management teams and leverages local knowledge to increase performance and compliance. Coordinates and provides functional guidance and supervision of contracted ground handling agents and station management partners. Represents airport activities to host government federal, state, and local airport authority agencies along with TSA international field offices, U.S. aviation security representatives and FAA. This role requires up to 50% travel.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational performance of assigned international outstation in partnership with station management partners and suppliers
- Maintains a safe, clean and reliable operation utilizing Core4
- Responsible for maintaining a positive employee relations work environment and collaborative relationships with applicable labor groups and vendors
- Directs station activities to ensure superior customer service, which includes mainline and STAR Alliance partner airlines
- Responsible for maintaining station facilities, equipment, and professional appearance standards for all United employees
- Responsible for performance management and ongoing professional developmental support of direct reports and “dotted line” reports
- Responsible for compliance with Stations controls and Internal Audit standards
- Manages the station budget, staffing forecasts and resource requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with OAL / airport authorities / vendors / governmental authorities ( FAA / TSA / CBP)/internal divisions
- Manage vendor service contracts as required
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- College degree or relevant experience
- 2-4 yrs of relevant management experience in Airport Services environment or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of airport operations to include; hub operations, terminal / ramp operations , and related technology
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced operational environment
- Knowledge of station controls and Internal Audit standards
- Analytical thinking, goal-directed leadership and service-oriented performance
- Knowledge of operational Corporate policies and procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate personnel
- Strong problem solving skills and drive for excellence
- Must be flexible to work all shifts and, when necessary, available 7 days a week / 24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends, to deal with any operational and /or unforeseen situations
- Travel requirement 50%
- Must be legally authorized to work in Ghana for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT – ACC00000003
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.