Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) Recruitment 2021
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Recruitment 2021.
RES will be responsible for managing the decentralized final project evaluations in the region, according to an evaluation plan developed in consultation with country offices of the Region and shared in advance by OED. They will also be responsible for ensuring dissemination of the results of the evaluation and creating learning opportunities at the regional and country-level, based on evaluation results, in close cooperation with the regional field programme and knowledge management teams. The RES will also contribute to building evaluation capacities in the region, using CD material and guidance developed by OED.
Job Title: Social Policy Officer (Youth Employment)
Research and analysis of information, data and statistics, and the maintenance and updating of related tools, methodologies, and/or databases to support the delivery of programme products, projects, publications, and services and in alignment with the Organization’s work on Decent Rural Employment, in particular on Youth Employment.
- Researches and analyses agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or employment related data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes of work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Supports the integration of decent employment, in particular of youth employment, in FAO’s work, including the disaggregation of data by sex and age where appropriate.
- Produces a variety of technical reports and inputs for technical documents, publications and/or web pages.
- Provides technical, statistical, and/or analytical services on various studies, projects, and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participates in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, and/or key social/ economic/ environmental/ nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams, collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars, and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities.
- Participates in activities fostering the inclusion and mainstreaming of decent employment priorities and opportunities for rural youth in sub-Saharan Africa, and contributes to developing and expanding partnerships with other UN agencies, the African Union, Regional Economic Communities, Governments, Civil Society Organizations, academia, and other development partners at the global, regional and national level;
- Collaborates with regional and national youth groups, youth-focused organizations, and other groups implementing similar youth employment and entrepreneurship-related activities in rural areas; and participates in youth employment-related meetings with relevant stakeholders and partners;
- Provides technical backstopping to youth employment in agri-food systems programmes and projects in the RAF region, ensuring effective communication and collaboration with the country teams, subregional offices, priority programme teams in RAF and the Decent Rural Employment Team in headquarters;
- Supports FAO Representatives, country, subregional and RAF programme teams in the design and implementation of activities that strengthen rural youth’s access to information, training, technology, finance, markets and productive resources and services, and to overall decent employment and entrepreneurship opportunities, both on and off farm;
- Develops and supports innovative solutions to promote decent youth employment and entrepreneurship, including the use of digital technologies, the uptake of green job opportunities and other innovations;
- Supports participatory monitoring, performance assessment and reporting of Youth Employment projects, programmes and activities in the RAF region;
- Collaborates in capacity development activities on Decent Rural Employment, in particular on Youth Employment, including the development of tools and guidance materials;
- Supports outreach and communication activities related to programme and project activities as well as opportunities for interregional dialogue and sharing of good practices.
- Contributes to work planning and reporting, acting as focal point for specific teams to enhance collaboration and communications, contributing to the implementation of corporate initiatives such as “Hand-in-Hand”;
- Carries out resource mobilization efforts on the topic of decent agriculture and agribusiness jobs for youth, especially to fund follow-up activities after the conclusion of technical cooperation projects;
- Performs other related duties as requested.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in political science, economics, institutional development, social anthropology , rural development, labour law, or other relevant social sciences, related to socio-economic analysis, policy formulation, capacity building in relation to decent employment.
- Five years of relevant experience in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes/projects related to decent youth employment in agri-food systems
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge in setting up and undertaking empirical socio-economic analysis and developing, analyzing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes/projects related to decent rural employment (DRE) in food systems;
- Extent and relevance of experience in youth inclusive policy development and related programmatic support, including experience related to promoting youth engagement in agri-food value chains;
- Depth of experience with relevant DRE approaches for youth and capacity to grasp, analyze and synthesize their relevance to current regional rural development issues and trends related to youth employment and entrepreneurship in food and agriculture, both on farm and non-farm employment;
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, advising and guiding the implementation of complex multistakeholder projects;
- Extent and relevance of experience in sub-Saharan Africa at international level is desirable
- Ability to develop plans for the implementation and coordination of project operations in developing countries, in partnership with UN agencies and other concerned stakeholders and/or partners;
- Familiarity with UN administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset.
- Working knowledge of French will be a strong asset.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 29th July. 2021.