Lively Minds is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer to join our lively, global finance team in July 2021. The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for handling and recording financial transactions, maintaining accurate accounts and monitoring and escalating any financial risks and issues in a timely manner.
The successful candidate must be assertive, values driven and risk averse with an understanding of the importance of compliance and regulation. For a detailed understanding of the role and person criteria, please see the Job Description on our website: www.livelyminds.org/jobs-finance-administration-officer.
Required Skills or Experience
Essential experience and skills
Bachelor’s degree in commerce, administration or economics; or ICA GH Part II; or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Extensive understanding of accounting principles and local financial regulations/laws.
- Strong quality focus and able to keep accurate financial records and reports from incomplete records.
- Hands-on practical experience of bank reconciliations.
- Self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision.
- Experience of liaising with professional specialists responsible for risk management and co-ordinating financial records, reports and controls.
- Able to uphold and enforce financial protocols and demonstrate utmost accountability.
- Able to manage and coach others.
- Technically literate – basic user of MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and MS Teams and able to adapt to and learn new tech systems easily.
Desirable experience and skills
- Experience of working with remote teams.
- Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Good user of Xero, Quick Books or similar accounting software.
You will be expected to perform against the Lively Minds Competencies.
How To Apply
- Stage 1: Short-listed candidates will be asked to undertake a remote, written assessment.
- Stage 2: Successful candidates from Stage 1 will be asked to attend an assessment day.
- 24th May 2021 (remote).
- 11th June 2021 in Techiman.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE