Field Enumerator – School for Life
School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education.
SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
As an Organization being part of the umbrella of Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), SfL works with other agencies to contribute to integrated programmes, and delivers results in education under the four-year (2020-2023) Empowerment for Life Programme funded by Danida.
- Location: (Wa East, Bulsa South, Bolgatanga, Sagnarigu, Tatale, Agona East, Asin South, Sunyani West, Amansie West, Mampong, Ho West & Akatsi South)
- Report to: Team Leader
Overview / Objectives of the position
SfL seeks FIELD ENUMERATORS to conduct data collection.
The field enumerator is primarily responsible for collecting field data and visit to do beneficiaries verification.
She/ he has direct contact with households, individuals and institutions and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
She/he will be report to the team leader.
The core task will be to assist the team to conduct household visits of respondents to gather data in order to assess the context of education in the country.
R1. Conduct data collection using the provided data collection tools.
- Conduct data collection using the provided data collection tools through interviews and observation
- Conduct household survey on selected households within the assigned areas.
- Interview the identified participants of focus group discussions to ensure the data and info that have been recorded within registered forms are accurate.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
- Compiling and sorting the filled data collection tools as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Report daily issues and challenges to the team leader.
- Any other duties assigned by the project manager.
- Present the data to the supervisor at the end of each day and upload electronic data.
- Report to the team leader before and after day’s work for further direction.
- Ensure handling in all the completed household visits and verification’s questionnaires for the day to the team leader.
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for.
- Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the team leader.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
Required Skills or Experience
- Requirements: Technical & Functional skills Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and confidence to undertake household visits.
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone-based data collection applications.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology.
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day.
- Ability to speak in the local languages in data collection communities.
Skills and Qualifications Preferred
- Previous experience with Data collection / Other NGOs as enumerators
- Previous experience working with the community or experience in household surveys (baseline/evaluations).
- Demonstrated experience in household surveys (baseline/evaluations).
- Education degree: University degree or Diploma preferred.
- Languages: Dagbanli, Gurene (Frafra), Dagaare/Wale, Buli, Fante, Ewe or Twi
- Ability to travel within sub-districts (door to door interviews)
How To Apply
Any candidate offered a job with SfL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with SfL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a SfL staff or partner.
Please, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title and a district prefer as the subject line.
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available.
- SfL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of SfL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.
- This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidates and this may be before the published closing date
- We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible since review is on rolling basis.
CLOSING DATE : ONGOIG
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.