The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme invites suitable applicants who are or which to study Sustainable Energy. The scholarship is available at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) for students who wish to complete a master’s degree.
For the benefit of qualified students from ECOWAS member states active in the energy sector, the EU-ECOWAS Scholarship program offers scholarships for master’s degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo).
- Applicants must be citizens of any member state of ECOWAS. Additional, you should be residents of an ECOWAS state or Mauritania
- Both workers and non-workers are eligible to apply for this scholarship. However, Working candidates must provide employer permission to finish the course.
- Candidates should a bachelor’s degree with first or second-class upper-division honors at the very least
- You should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning, per university requirements.
- Having work experience in the energy industry in West Africa is a plus.
- At the time of scholarship approval, the applicant must have (at least) a provisional admission into an approved academic program.
- Additionally, you should be commitment to publish 1 practice-oriented research by program’s end
- You should also be available to intern while in school
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply