Employment Opportunity At Mest
We are looking for an experienced Communication and Community Manager to join our Pan-African team and help share impactful brand stories to the tech ecosystem and execute insightful community-focused initiatives.
You must be an intentional and strategic communicator and a good organizer, enthusiastic about directly engaging with people
As a Communication and Community Manager, your goal will be to build and maintain a strong relationship with all MEST alumni and enhance our brand image within the tech ecosystem.
The selected candidate would focus on developing a deep understanding of our core audience and industry.
They will work closely with the marketing team to develop insightful and engaging community initiatives that will drive higher conversations, following & engagements from the ecosystem.
- Develop a deep understanding of our core audiences and industry (the start-up and technology space) through continuous personal research & market analysis.
- Work with marketing teams and relevant partners to develop insightful and engaging learning content for the African tech ecosystem and alumni community.
- Design and successfully execute regular community events and learning sessions that support community engagement and brand building.
- Continuously work to build lasting and strong relationships with Alumni.
- Monitor, collect, and highlight alumni achievements and news on MEST platforms.
- Prepare and publish blog posts/articles on alumni stories, tech ecosystem insights, trending topics, and MEST Africa news; should always be on top of industry news.
- Work with the Portfolio Team to consistently identify, source, vet, and deliver necessary portfolio support and perks.
- Grow the network of key ecosystem stakeholders (African entrepreneurs, ecosystem support organizations, mentors, experts, investors, etc) and broaden the reach of the MEST brand through event participation, speaking opportunities for MEST portfolios, campaigns, etc.
- Continuously gather and share community feedback and sentiments to the Head of Marketing & Community.
- Use insights and findings from the community to develop new and better ways to keep the alumni network and ecosystem connected and engaged.
- Develop and manage a budget for community engagement.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of a BSc degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Project Management, or relevant field with at least 4 to 5 years of experience working in community relations, marketing, communications, and/or public relations.
- Ability to develop creative, engaging, and original content
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Good at public speaking
- Good customer service, interpersonal and time-management skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and good at taking initiative and selling ideas to the leadership team
- Excellent & practical knowledge of WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram,
- Medium, Google Suite
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience in doing audience analysis and researching trending topics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Team player
- Experience in the start-up and tech ecosystem is preferred
Head of Marketing and Community
Method Of Application
Application Deadline: Aug. 4, 2021
About the company
MEST offers Africa-wide technology entrepreneur training and a network of hubs providing incubation for technology startups in Africa.
Founded in Ghana in 2008, MEST provides critical skills training, and support in software development, business, and communications to Africa’s tech entrepreneurs.
MEST is funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of Meltwater, a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
At MEST, our strength is the quality and efficiency with which we deliver our programs to support those we serve.
To date, we have trained over 330 young African entrepreneurs, supported the founding of close to 60 startups across the continent, and received global recognition for the impact we’ve had in Africa.
With support from the Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works initiative, we’re in the process of scaling across Ghana over the next three years, via three innovative and exciting programs: Pre-MEST, MEST Express, and MEST Scale.
The three programs will enable MEST to scale its impact and reach exponentially more young people at more touchpoints along their entrepreneurial journey in Ghana, and in time, across the continent.