Director, Radiation Protection Institute
2. Job Title: Director, Radiation Protection Institute
- A Director of an Institute is an Officer appointed by the Commission and charged with the responsibility for directing the administrative, scientific, technical and commercial functions of the Institute.
- The Director is to work close with the Director-General to implement the Commissions’ policies in the Institute.
• Manage, coordinate and steer all nuclear and related research programmes, projects and activities throughout the nation.
• Help develop expertise in the field of Nuclear Science and related Technologies.
• Initiate new research proposals in accordance with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) approved programme for Ghana and co-ordinate research, scientific, technical and commercial activities in the Institute.
• Enhance the application of Nuclear Science in the field of education and training for socio-economic development of the country.
• Set priority goals of research and other activities within the Institute in line with the Commission’s policy.
• Steer research and technical operations of the institute, including commercialisation of research outputs.
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation of research work within the Institute.
• Create and ensure a sound working environment conducive for the publication of research outputs.
• Ensure availability of funds for research purposes in the Institute;and
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Director-General
- The position is for five(5) years but may be renewed for a second term.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Must be of a minimum rank of Principal Research Scientist/Principal Scientific Officer/Associate Professor
• Must possess a higher degree (PhD, DSc and D.Phil.) in either Nuclear or related fields
• Must possess a good sense of direction and managerial leadership
• Must have excellent research, analytical and conceptual capabilities to be able to innovative for performance improvement.
• Must be able to demonstrate maturity, integrity, assertiveness, self-confidence and a broad knowledge of the Nuclear and other related fields so as to be able to promote the image of GAEC at national and international fora.
• Must have proven ability to organise and co-ordinate research activities within the institutes of the commission and to motivate research project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance
• Must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills so as to be able to inspire research and supporting staff
• Must not be more than 55 years old on December 1, 2021
How To Apply For The Job
Application forms may be obtained at the Commission’s Cash Office at a fee of GH¢500.00 or download the forms below:
A written application together with a completed application form should be submitted to the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80,
The application should also include:
- Complete CV of the applicant with names and addresses of three referees
• A two(2) page Vision Statement.
Closing Date: 07 May, 2021
- The Ghana Atomic Energy Commission DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advice that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Ghana Atomic Energy Commission Recruitment 2021
To apply for the Ghana Atomic Energy Commission Recruitment Recruitment 2021. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Ghana Atomic Energy Commission Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.