1. Job Title: Director of Internal Audit
- The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for the management of the Commission’s auditing functions to ensure effective & efficient internal control systems.
• He is to advise and report on the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes in the Commission.
The Director of Internal Audit will report directly to the Director- General.
Duties / Key Responsibilities
- Prepare internal audit reports for the Commission.
• Undertake audit investigation of the Commission.
• Examine and report on the Commission’s fixed assets register from time to time.
• Provide inputs and proposal for the update of standards, procedures and guidelines for internal audit in the Commission.
• Monitor the implementation of recommendations made in internal audit reports of the Commission.
• Assist in the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the Commission.
• Review the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the commission.
• Review the administration of programmes and operations of the commission and recommend corrective actions
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must possess or be:
- A Chartered Accountant and a member of an appropriate professional body.
• Must possess post graduate degree in Auditing, Accounting or Finance.
• Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience at least ten (10) of which must have been in a very senior position in a reputable organisation.
• Must have knowledge and experience in Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
• Must demonstrate knowledgeable in computer-based accounting/auditing systems.
• A good team player.
• A good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Not more than fifty-five(55) years.
How To Apply For The Job
Application forms may be obtained at the Commission’s Cash Office at a fee of GH¢500.00 or download the forms below:
A written application together with a completed application form should be submitted to the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80,
The application should also include:
- Complete CV of the applicant with names and addresses of three referees
• A two(2) page Vision Statement.
Closing Date: 07 May, 2021