DEPUTY HEAD, UNIVERSITY BASIC SCHOOLS
- The successful candidate will support the Headmaster/Headmistress to fulfill the mandate of the School.
• He/she is expected to provide leadership, maintain and promote efficiency and order on campus, provide sound administration and discharge other duties as may be assigned by the Headmaster/Headmistress.
- Diploma in Education
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• A Master’s degree in Education Management or in a related discipline
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience
In addition, applicants should demonstrate sound leadership qualities and should be computer literate.
- Adhering to and enforcing school policy, guidelines and administrative directives.
• Enforcing guidelines to maintain proper discipline and conduct.
• Communicating relevant policies and procedures with regard to students’ discipline, conduct, and attendance to students, staff and parents.
• Working with Stream Coordinators in the development of effective classroom discipline.
• Maintaining an effective and safe school environment.
• Assisting in curriculum and time-table development to meet the needs of all students.
• Preparing and submitting required periodic reports to the Head
• Helping in the preparation of appropriate handbooks.
• Supervising and evaluating Class Assistants in consultation with Stream Coordinators.
• Supervising support services such as the canteen and the infirmary.
• Providing inputs for teaching and learning materials to be included in annual budgets.
• Assisting in the care and management of the buildings and grounds, furniture, equipment, apparatus, books and other supplies.
• Overseeing curriculum delivery in consultation with school heads.
• Convening department as well as other staff committee meetings.
• Assigning teaching duties to the staff as well as preparing the staff duty roster.
• To set up a system to identify and assist children with learning difficulties.
• Evaluating Teacher performance and working with the Headmaster/Headmistress to help marginal teachers to improve.
Application Deadline: 8th May 2021
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack to the;
College of Humanities,
The University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 1173,
Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
or email@example.com (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
• General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
In compliance with COVID-19 protocols, we encourage all applicants to submit soft copies of their application packs to the Registrar through the approved email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process