DEAN, SCHOOL OF ARTS
Job Title: DEAN, SCHOOL OF ARTS
- Be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that person
• Be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines
• Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School
• Demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development
• Have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School
• Normally be able to serve a minimum of one term in office.
- The Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the School Management Committee.
• The Dean is to ensure that the approved programs and functions of the School are duly carried out by members of the School.
• The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
- A Dean shall hold office for three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
Application Deadline: 10th May 2021
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack to the;
College of Humanities,
The University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 1173,
Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
or firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
• General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
In compliance with COVID-19 protocols, we encourage all applicants to submit soft copies of their application packs to the Registrar through the approved email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.