- Company: Dangote Industries Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
The role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day transportation operations of the company and directing major projects; supervise employees, delegating tasks accordingly, monitoring performance, and conducting regular follow-ups with business objectives. To optimize the transportation network from the inside, by constantly research and test software tools, management methodologies, and workflow processes
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for direction and oversight of the Company Transport Department, including, but not limited to operations, maintenance, safety/compliance, equipment, and personnel.
- Responsible for the justification, specification, selection and purchase of new trucks, trailers and other necessary equipment and systems.
- Responsible for managing assets and available business in such a way as to minimize operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization.
- Supervise key terminal staff to monitor operations at the company truck terminals, ensuring workload is completed per customer expectations efficiently, safely, and compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Work with other stakeholders to determine staffing levels, job descriptions and assist in the recruitment of drivers and support staff.
- Plan with Executive Management to determine the strategic direction of the Transport Department.
- Update and implement Divisional Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Ensure profitability by controlling costs and enhancing trip performance.
- Full responsibility for fleet maintenance and the mechanical workshops.
- Coordinate between Dangote Cement trucks and third party transporters to ensure truck availability always.
- Liaise with Sales and Finance departments to ensure the right rate is appropriately charged on services rendered by company transport.
- Coordinate and inspect the complete documentation including drivers and vehicle licenses.
- Review and report logistics/fleet performance against plans.
- Build good working relationship with Regulatory Agencies to ensure smooth operation of the fleet.
Educational and Work Experience
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering or any related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- 5 years’ Managerial experience
- Relevant professional certification in Transport will be an added advantage.
Skills And Competencies
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, supply chain processes, best practices, and compliance requirements.
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- Time Management and Collaboration
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- Business acumen and excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical, commercial and analytical skills including ability to present business case for the Fleet operations
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE : April 7, 2021