CYANIDE CHAMPION (
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Cyanide Champion.
The incumbent shall be appointed to champion cyanide related issues with leadership accountability from the Snr Manager – Processing. He/she shall ensure the principles of International Cyanide Management Institute (ICMI) are complied with by the mine especially the Process Department. The cyanide champion shall work with the Plant Training Supervisor to offer awareness training to the mine employees and the community on cyanide.
- Actively promote AGA Health, Safety and Environmental actions and improvements which include housekeeping.
- Ensure the right specs of PPEs required for the handling of cyanide are available for use when needed.
- Assist the Training Officer in training the mine employees in compliance with content in Legal Instruments LI 2182 under regulation 219 and Codes as laid down by the Republic of Ghana.
- Accountable for team’s environmental obligations and performances.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative
- Assist in training employees as part of the International Cyanide Management Institute compliance requirements.
- Compile, update and conduct plant Induction training for employees and visitors especially in the area of cyanide awareness.
- Facilitate all pre and post cyanide training work including logistics, tracking of trainings and performance of trainees based on assessments.
- Shall be the custodian of cyanide related issues and its related documentation on behalf of AGAG Obuasi STP.
- He/she shall take stock of the content of all cyanide emergency cabins and replenish stocks where necessary.
- Shall coordinate cyanide procurement and reception on behalf of AGAG Obuasi STP.
- Liaise with cyanide auditors to ensure the Company stays compliant to ICMI requirements
- Shall supervise the process leading to certification of AGAG Obuasi onto ICMI code.
- Shall be the custodian of the AGAG Obuasi STP cyanide sparging facility
- Shall report to the Senior Metallurgist at the Process Department on all cyanide related issues including stock movement and non-conformances and follow through to get them fixed.
- Assist in developing and revision of cyanide related SOPs and other documents.
- Ensure all cyanide related instruments are effectively operational and well calibrated.
- Assist and coordinate with key partners stakeholders including community and sustainability department in periodic community sensitization on the use of cyanide.
- The incumbent shall work with the Plant training supervisor for new employee onboarding and other training facilitation on behalf of the department.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of cyanide training materials and activities and review accordingly.
- Assist in contributing to the budgeting and cost control processes in the area of sparging facility and PPEs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/Diploma. Metallurgical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering, Chemistry
- Trainer certification especially in cyanide handling
- Basic First Aid Certification
- Should be familiar with ICMI code and certification. If certified will be a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with cyanide sparging/mixing and storage facility
- Minimum of 2 years working experience on a recognized process plant.
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with process plant reagent and gold room activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Must be Accountable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should:
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
CLOSING DATE: 4TH MARCH, 2021.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.