How You can Win a Chevening Scholarship 2022 | Fully Funded
An Early Notice for Chevening Scholarship 2022. We have received an Email from Chevening Secretariat that the Applications will open on 3rd August 2021 and it will close on 2nd November 2021. Chevening is a UK Government Fully Funded Scholarship to Study a Full time 1 Year Master Degree Program in the UK. In this post, we will tell you How You Can Win a Chevening Scholarship. You don’t need any professional work experience.
Last Year 1800 Chevening Scholarships was Provided to all the Students from all around the world. Last Year the Chevening Removed the English Language Requirement like IELTS or TOEFL due to the COVID-19. We are not sure what they will do this year. Chevening Scholarship is open to any country. There are No country Restrictions. The last date to apply will be the same for all countries.
The Scholarship will cover your Accommodation, Your tuition Fee, Fees, Airfare Tickets, Books, Stipend, Vis Costs, etc, Each and everything will be covered. So don’t worry, you don’t need to spend a single penny. But for this, you need to give your most of the time to be selected for the Chevening scholarship for the year 2022. We will guide you through the whole process, guidelines, hacks for Chevening scholarships, and what makes you win a Chevening scholarship.
How You Can Win a Chevening Scholarship?
Application Tips for Chevening Scholarship
Chevening Scholarship is Highly prestigious due to its competitive selection process. In 2020 they had over 68,000 applicants from 168 countries, but only 1,800 of us made it.
You are Free to Choose from over 12,000 master’s courses at over 150 different higher education institutions.
Your Chevening Application must list at least Three Courses. All Courses are in the One Year Master Program.
Pro Tip: Please apply in more than 3 universities, at least 5 to 6 to secure admission, this is because if you didn’t secure admission in any of the University mentioned in your application form and has admission in 4th University (which is not mentioned in the application form) than your scholarship can still be secured.
If you have been called for an interview then in the interview you can let them know about the 4th University in which you have an admission offer.
NOTE: University Application: You Do Not Need to Have Admission Letter From University to Apply for Chevening at This Point.
Give preference to Universities in your application which you feel is the brightest chance of getting admission. But you can change the preference later at the interview stage.
The selection process takes roughly a year and comprises an application, interview, conditional offer, final award, and pre-departure briefing stages. I won’t lie, the process will demand exceptional mental and emotional strength, but don’t let that deter you from this life-changing opportunity.
Personally, I’m glad I went through the process, and I am now enjoying my Masters here in the UK. If you’re thinking of applying yourself, here are some tips from my experience.
Work Experience is Necessary for the Chevening Scholarship?
This is where Chevening won the hearts. For Chevening, you don’t need to have practical work experience. Chevening Scholarships require that applicants have at least two years of work experience.
The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment. Applicants can submit up to ten different employment periods in order to meet the requirement. If you have held more than ten positions then please enter the periods which make up the greatest number of hours worked.
Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience = 2,800 hours
How to Win a Chevening Scholarship Interview?
At the interview, you will have about 1 hour to convince a panel that you are worthy of this incredible opportunity. Here are some general things that you should keep in mind.
If you are shortlisted to interview for a Chevening Scholarship, you will be invited to attend an interview in the city/town where the British embassy or high commission has a representation.
Book a Morning Slot
When you get selected to Chevening Interview for the scholarship, you can book a time slot to interview.
Try your best to book a morning slot. studies have shown that teachers, judges, and interviewers tend to be harsher when they are tired.
Imagine if you have to interview 5 to 6 people each day for 15 days, you’d get pretty sick of it by the end. So, you should catch the panel when they’re in their best mood, first thing in the morning.
The panel will spend a major part of the interview asking about further details to clarify the things you mention in your essays. You should know your essays inside and out.
You should really go deep into what you wrote and dissect not only your experience but your logic and motivation (why and how you did certain things), passion, and goals (what drives you forward). The panel won’t necessarily ask you to repeat what you’ve already written but will delve further into the details to understand your true motivation.
It is very important to be consistent with your essay (especially when you talk about your passion and motivation) because that paints an impression of self-assurance and authenticity.
Examples of Chevening Interview Questions
- Why do I want to study in the UK?
- Why am I interested in Chevening?
- Why I chose my course of study?
- Why do I consider myself a leader?
- My Short term and long term professional goals (especially linking it to what the UK is doing in my country).
- How will my country benefit from my experience and expertise in the future?
There are a total of 4 essays, each essay should be comprised of 500 words;
1st essay is about candidates networking skills
- A candidate should mention his networking and personal relations at the national as well as international levels.
- He should talk about how he deals with the people in a variety of professions including government and international representatives, public authorities, and academia.
- He should mention how he has been familiar with a different culture, age groups, socioeconomic classes.
- He should provide a brief description of how long he has been involved in long-term relationships.
- He should elaborate on his communication skills in different areas.
2nd essay would ask you about your leadership qualities
- A candidate should elaborate on the scenarios in which he played leadership roles.
- How he managed good team management skills in different projects.
- How he led community projects on a fixed budget.
- How he considered the opinion of every member and negotiate among them.
- How he worked with different personalities and led successful projects.
- How his leadership project contributed in the long term and brought a positive change in his community.
3rd Essay would ask you about future career plans
- A candidate should mention his career plans that show how he is going to support his community or country.
- All Goals should be smart enough and realistic.
- A candidate’s plans should include a social, academic, and professional approach.
- A candidate must relate his skills, volunteer activities, and work experience.
4th essay would be about why you want to pursue your studies in the UK
- The desire to study in the UK varies from person to person but reasons should be valid and appropriate.
- For one year masters, UK has good merit.
- The UK holds the world’s best leading universities.
- In academics, The UK is one of the top countries.
- A candidate should mention his interest in cross-cultural understanding.
- A candidate should show his interest in International research that would contribute to the community
- A candidate must submit 2 letters of reference.
- A referee must know the applicant either professionally or in academics.
- Reference letters would be verified by the British council once a candidate gets shortlisted.
I believe if you follow the above tips you can easily Standout your application. You can search more about How to Win a Chevening Scholarship, you will find more materials.