Old Mutual Limited is a premium pan-African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries. We have been helping our customers achieve their lifetime financial goals for over 170 years by investing their funds in ways that create positive futures for them, their families, their communities and broader society.
In this way, we significantly contribute to improving the lives of our customers and their communities while ensuring a sustainable future for our business.
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
The Business Development Officer is a member of the Corporate Distribution Team reporting to the Head of Corporate Distribution and has a responsibility to grow the Annuity portfolio of the Company. The incumbent will ensure sales of the Annuity product using various effective channels.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Identify and engage prospective clients to sell corporate/group insurance solutions via direct engagements, referrals, and other effective means.
- Close and onboard new clients to grow Annuity product portfolio.
- Build a strong pipeline of prospects, identify their needs and customize solutions that meet the needs of the identified prospects.
- Identify and build relationships with various distribution partners to generate premium income.
- Identify and sign on new distribution partners.
- Keenly observe market trends on Annuity for recommendations.
- Identify and establish new channels of distribution to increase premium growth.
- Drive customer service excellence amongst clients and partners to always ensure great customer experience.
- Deliver on Annuity budget requirements.
- Prepare and submit weekly sales activity report to outline deals closed and pipeline businesses being pursued.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in any discipline from a recognized tertiary institution
- Sales and marketing experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Highly organized and structured, able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
Closing Date – Monday 12th April 2021