The successful applicant will provide operational support in the production and management of Fish and the Industry for the achievement of the objectives of the Commission
- Collects and collates data for evidence-based decision making and planning
- Undertakes surveillance activities for the Commission
- Undertakes Fisheries Extension Services of the Commission, particularly, pond construction, fish hatchery management, aquaculture production, modern farming methods etc.
- Supervises the establishment, management and development of aquaculture facilities
- Control of the Vessel Monitoring System and tracks the activities and the movement of the vessels
- Inspects relevant documents on licensing and permits
- Undertakes M&E activities on the field
- Collects and collate data for the preparation of appropriate plans for the Commission
- Inspects vessels for licensing and its renewal
- Supervise data entry activities on fisheries
- Inspects fisheries facilities and produces appropriate reports
- Administers drugs and chemicals in the aquaculture establishments
- Facilitate the enforcement of the Fisheries Laws and Regulations related to elimination of illegal fishing practices
- Collects data for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Fisheries Science, Biological Science, Natural Resources or any other related field
- Must have completed National Service
- Good leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to manage teams and interact effectively with stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Fish Health, Post-Harvest and Extension Services
- Good knowledge of the fisheries industry
- Proficiency in relevant IT applications
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work is an advantage
- High integrity and confidentiality
Upper West, Upper East, Northern, North East, Savannah, Bono, Bono East, Ahafo, Oti, Volta, Western North, Western, Central, Eastern
HOW TO APPLY
1. All Applicants must provide evidence of completion of National Service.
2. Applicants should indicate the positions applied for and Two (2) regions of their choice.
3. Applications should be submitted to the following addresses, either a), b) or c).
a) THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FISHERIES COMMISSION P. O. BOX GP 630
b) SIMPLE ONLINE APPLICATION
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of application is ten (10) working days after the publication. That is 25th May 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE