The successful applicant will provide operational support in management of financial resources for the achievement of the objectives of the Commission
- Collects inputs for preparation of guidelines for the management of the Commission’s financial resources
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders in the management of financial resources and preparation of accounts of the Commission
- Undertakes vetting of all financial documents before payments are effected
- Maintains proper books of accounts in accordance with best practices and standards
- Undertakes reconciliation of records and accounts
- Collect data for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Collects data for the preparation of annual plans and budget of the Commission
- Collects inputs for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Division
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Accounting, Finance, B.Com. or any related field OR
- Part II of a certification by a relevant accounting professional body (e.g. CIA, ICA, ACCA, etc.
- Must have completed National Service
- Good leadership, communication, interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills
- Good qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Good knowledge of relevant financial laws, regulations and accounting standards
- Proficiency in relevant IT applications
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work is an advantage
- High integrity and confidentiality
The successful applicant will work at Regional and District levels
HOW TO APPLY
1. All Applicants must provide evidence of completion of National Service.
2. Applicants should indicate the positions applied for and Two (2) regions of their choice.
3. Applications should be submitted to the following addresses, either a), b) or c).
a) THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FISHERIES COMMISSION P. O. BOX GP 630
b) SIMPLE ONLINE APPLICATION
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of application is ten (10) working days after the publication. That is 25th May 2021