APPLY NOW : Sweden Ghana Medical Centre Available Job Vacancies
- Company: Sweden Ghana Medical Centre
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Client Support Officer
Reports To: Case Manager
Department: Case Management
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa. SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy techniques give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve the quality of life.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Function and Related Performance Criteria
• SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients.
• We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies.
• Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
• As a Client Support Officer, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations.
• Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as a client support officer while you deliver on the following broad Job requirements, the details of which will be provided to you in your job description:
• The Client Support Officer (CSO) provides administrative and logistical support for SGMC’S Case Management Department. The CSO’s work ensures that Case Coordinator and Manager can help SGMC patients achieve the best possible treatment outcomes, and that patients can access the SGMC facility and complete their treatments with efficient support for their administrative and logistic needs.
• Key requirements include excellent verbal communication skills, must be multi-lingual with emphasis on English and French, demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, ability to coordinate resources and to work well with a wide range of people in a fast paced environment. Additionally, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and very good end-user-computing skills.
You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that logistical and administrative support is provided by:
• Managing patient reception area: handling telephone and email enquiries, greeting and receiving patients and their families, making them feel welcome and acquainting them with the various processes and units that they will encounter as part of their treatment at SGMC.
• Handling patient requests and enquiries: always attempting to first assist in handling enquiries before transferring calls/email information requests-and ensuring that clients receive necessary attention and interaction in their time with SGMC.
• Providing the Case Managers with administrative and organizational support in requesting and processing patient medical appointments, following through on meeting patient needs around medicines, consumables and related treatments.
• Helping the Case Management Department to transition patients out of their cancer treatment cycles by keeping medical records up to date, and provide accurate billing and follow-up information.
• In the event of the death of a patient, ensuring that the family receives compassionate understanding, as well as practical logistical support for the repatriation of mortal remains-including help with completing requisite paperwork, and obtaining necessary approvals.
• Complying with all necessary international protocols and statutory obligations related to oncology patient care in Ghana.
• Managing existing patient referral network for the French Speaking Market.
• Generate quotes, arrange for patient travel itinerary and logistics.
• Understanding each patient’s financial and supporting resources, working with SGMC’s medical team, as well as the patients and their sponsors, to find best costs and balanced treatment plans.
• Handling denial of treatment with clarity and compassion; providing enough supporting medical data to ensure patient and sponsors are well informed, and making the right referrals where needed.
• Coordinating all aspects of patient care, while assuring care is the right sequence and at the appropriate level
• Facilitating introduction of brachytherapy service at SGMC and being main point of contact for brachytherapy case management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Educated to relevant degree/diploma or equivalent.
• Must be multi-lingual. French and English is a must.
• Ability to deal with confidential issues.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service role
• Similar experience within a healthcare setting, experience of using a patient administration system and understanding a range of work procedures associated with outpatient department arrangement.
• Excellent communication skills to communicate to patients/families via the telephone or face to face.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff and volunteers on a face-face basis when working in an outpatient reception area.
Remuneration: Very Attractive
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants should please email their CV and applications to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 16 April, 2021
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.