2021 Unicef Job Vacancies
2021 Unicef Job Vacancies
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their full potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does – in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life – in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions – her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens – addressing inequity – not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also accelerating the equitable development of nations to attain SDG.
Position: Communication for Development Officer at Unicef
How can you make a difference?
You will provide technical and operational support to the Chief C4D and internal colleagues by administering, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating a variety of C4D initiatives and activities to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable behavioural and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to complete tasks.
The efficient and effective technical, administrative and operational support provided to the development and implementation of C4D advocacy initiatives and products directly impact on the ability of UNICEF to promote social, political and economic action and changes in behaviors, social attitudes, beliefs and actions by communities, individuals and societies on children’s rights, survival and wellbeing. This in turn contributes to enhancing the ability of UNICEF to fulfill its mission to achieve sustainable, locally owned and concrete results in improving the survival, development and wellbeing of children in the country.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Language Requirements. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset. Knowledge in Arabic is an added advantage.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
The value and competencies required for this post are….
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
- Persuading and influencing (1)
- Applying technical expertise (1)
- Learning and researching (2)
- Planning and organizing (2)
You can learn about our values and competency framework at https://www.unicef.org/careers/get-prepared
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Method of Application
Click Here: Submit your CV and Application on the Company Website
Closing Date : 22 Feb. 2021
OTHER RELATED JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.